Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Conqs

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    I'll preface by saying that you're not wrong that soldiers are OP, but you fall into the trap of putting all their abilities together, which isn't possible.

The long, hard-hitting combo that causes the most QQ is Counterweight, which can't be used with STA. The mitigation and ccs and bubble are there (though at least the CD on the bubble is long).
    He was not saying that they have all those abilities together. He was just stating the tools they have available.

I don't really see OLP being much of an issue now. Conqs still get the heal with OLP, just not the burst and the HoT is slightly less.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Yes soldiers are supposed to be the tanks to run in and take damage. That does not give them the right to dish out almost as much or more dps than a rogue.

This is also not about playing smart with your team. Its about the amount of damage, utility and mitigation soldiers have.
    I'll repeat it again. How can you justify soldiers having some of the highest damage, most mitigation and highest health of any class?
    In short : because they are the easiest classes to run away from.

Most people here are so intent on burning down soldiers like it was the only way to handle an opponent. A brute conq or a DT will take all the ccs you throw at him (barring AA purge). They don't have speed buffs to catch up to you, they don't have range to finish you off when you're gone. Carnies have some root resist and charge reset but they are less tough than brutes. And even if they do good damage (and they have to make some good damage at some point else I can't think of any use they could have in pvp... cc-bot maybe :?) they still don't have the easy burst of a sin/ranger/demo.

IMO it's no wonder that conqs and DTs are the best duelling classes because duelling takes away that "I can choose to ignore you" parameter.

In this game every class needs to do good damage in pvp else it is too easy to just ignore them. Then soldiers need high mitigation, well, to do soldiering stuff. I say it again : IMO, the downside of high mitigation is not low damage, it's : no speed, no range, low to none cc resist.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    If the Conq was so OP, how did it come that the Conq in "Team Red"
    has 1 kill and 8 deaths? This shouldn't happen, because a Conq is unkillable with mitigation/protection and 2 bubbles, has tons of burstdamage and is easy to play even as a PvP Noob.

In "Team Red" were also a Guardian and a PoM - 2 more OP classes. 50% of "Team Red" were OP, so why did they loose and got less kills/ more deaths than "Team Blue"?

So many exaggerations in this thread...

Slightly buff barbs, considerably buff HoXes and the game is good to go.

about HOFS > so you wasnt hit by it for 4 or 5 k some time ... ofc just 2 hit like 1 sec animation of rank 5 which that means it would have 5k dps - hmmmmm impossible ofc for 4 or 5 k thats a crit but often hits for 2, 2,5 or 3 k without crit and not that debuffed target - ofc answer is pve while they did gear progression they i mean FC forgot to make like agrro tools not dps race with soldiers in it so it totally spoiled pvp with mitigation and survival tools of soldiers ...

and i wont talk about guards ss whcich is another combo out of space - 1 sec animation and unbelieveable dps in it ... crits like 70% of a time and in combo description there isnt any info that this thing have high crit Chance, another > dt dp - was hit by it non crit - which means no vom crazy proc for well over 4k + on top of that procs ...

all im saying that his game need huge pvp overhaul and redesign - let the soldiers take beating and carry a flag but dont make them 1 man m1 Abrams vs infantry ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    In short : because they are the easiest classes to run away from.

Most people here are so intent on burning down soldiers like it was the only way to handle an opponent. A brute conq or a DT will take all the ccs you throw at him (barring AA purge). They don't have speed buffs to catch up to you, they don't have range to finish you off when you're gone. Carnies have some root resist and charge reset but they are less tough than brutes. And even if they do good damage (and they have to make some good damage at some point else I can't think of any use they could have in pvp... cc-bot maybe :?) they still don't have the easy burst of a sin/ranger/demo.

IMO it's no wonder that conqs and DTs are the best duelling classes because duelling takes away that "I can choose to ignore you" parameter.

In this game every class needs to do good damage in pvp else it is too easy to just ignore them. Then soldiers need high mitigation, well, to do soldiering stuff. I say it again : IMO, the downside of high mitigation is not low damage, it's : no speed, no range, low to none cc resist.
    Easiest to run from, say what? all soldiers can snare and charge (and stagger, ah!) guards got cc resists + 5% speed buff + weapon range - how do you run 'easily' from that? Ever tried running from dooming presence too? You can't avoid it no matter how much you want to (and we all know how much it hurts and how good the ranged DT snare is). In group pvp carnie conqs certainly won't let you get away either

Btw DT ain't uber in duels, it lacks range and mobility so you often see good barbs and demos winning them (bs can too). Brute conq is imba in duels for sure but 1o1 balance ain't my preoccupation in aoc. My guard will never kill a bs with half a brain but I don't call bs op nor cry about it - it's good to have counters (but brute conq very much lacks counters). In fact guard is one of the weakest classes in duels and besides necros/ranger/hoxea (and demo/sin if you use sta) it gets raped pretty badly by the other classes. And yet in group pvp with no one focusing them they annihilate the opposition.

What me and other people are saying here is that while it's nice that soldiers aren't no-dps turtles, they tend to surpass other classes at their own jobs and can fill a very wide variety of roles. CCs, debuff, dps etc without even losing the tankishness they use to tank t4 bosses.

Really, all we ask for is that soldiers become harder to play, less damage in def stance, more squishy in frenzy etc. Make stance dancing really risky - and if done well conqs could keep their tools and become a kind of uber support class (actually isn't that the original idea behind the class?)
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd May 2013 at 10:06.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by abbalinos View Post
    So many exaggerations in this thread...

Slightly buff barbs, considerably buff HoXes and the game is good to go.
    Correct opinion
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Easiest to run from, say what? all soldiers can snare and charge (and stagger, ah!) guards got cc resists + 5% speed buff + weapon range - how do you run 'easily' from that? Ever tried running from dooming presence too? You can't avoid it no matter how much you want to (and we all know how much it hurts and how good the ranged DT snare is). In group pvp carnie conqs certainly won't let you get away either
    I'm not saying that it's impossible for them to catch up to you, but it's definitely easier to move away from them than from, for example : a barb or a sin (speed buff, harder to cc than soldiers, faster bursts), a demo or a ranger (that hit from much farther than polearm range ).

Guards and Carnies are a little better in the mobility departement but you seem to believe guards are subpar compared to the slower DT/Conq and Carnies are definitely more susceptible to damage...

What can I say, I mostly play my pom in pvp and I am far from the sharpest tool in the drawer, but when a soldier focusses me I know that I'll be able at least to stall him for quite a long time. I know that I'll have no such luck with any dedicated dps class.

edit : note that in my previous post in this thread I suggested to further aggravate this relative slow speed of soldiers and conqs. I'm not saying "Soldiers are like sitting ducks, everything is fine" but it just itches me that in every of those discussions, soldiers are said to outperform e-vah-ree-things, while of course range and speed and ability to regen your team are always conveniently forgotten about...
    Last edited by Ieronon; 23rd May 2013 at 10:25.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

I didn't say guards are subpar :P I really don't think that, based on what happens when I play mine But if you play a Pom I understand you, Pom is one of those classes that can handle soldiers fairly well (really good in the cc department and ability to mitigate their burst)

But yes it's true that you spoke about reducing soldiers stamina - I like the idea tbh, though I feel that making stance dancing dangerous is still the best possible pvp fix.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

great new idea - or maybe while switching from defensive to ofensive make soldiers lose some energy/stamina ? i dont say little but noticable so they would think ofc with raising switch cd to like 10 sec at least and lowering dps in defensive also raising -%mitigation in offensive - those numbers are like that since aoc release and many things changed with gear disbalance and progression mostly and nobody even thought how op that may make soldiers ...