Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Conqs

First i dont think most of you get OP point about conq. True there are some OP classes or some OP abilities but the thing is that brute conq have it all. Survivability, dmg, debuf, bubles, aoe combos, aoe cc, ret dmg... and all tools are on pretty low cd which make them incredible hard to kill. I have high lvl conq and i liked class more before revamp, now if i play it i go carnage.
    Honestly you cant really compare soldiers to other classes (except maybe good pom), they are able to take on multiple opponent kill one and still get out alive. Other classes like demo, necro,sin that people say are OP can do great dmg but cant take much and unless they are superb players I dont have that huge problems with them.
    Also stating that hox is OP is bit funny.
    Every class in hands of good players are capable of getting high kills in SOME minies but that dont mean class is OP.
    Geldour those screens you posted really dont mean much. You run against bad team and you farmed them. Hox is good in those kind of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    "Most classes are OP in the right hands" is not really what the OP was referring to (if I understand him correctly).

The issue is that some classes are more noob-friendly than others, and conq currently stands out in that regard (among melee classes).

If you fail to see how 2 bubbles, crazy debuffing, 360 KB and 360 combos are more noob-friendly than e.g. the higher dps output which DT gets by building VoM stacks, then I really don't what to say.

And yes, this is coming from someone who is rather noobish in PvP. Which was precisely the OP's point - if I'd try to look good in PvP, I'd definitely pick conq
    Yes, that's it. You can say pom and guard and dt are OP all you want but if you look closely you will quickly realize that it's quite a bit different.

Pom needs to keep tons of buffs up and running to survive, the bubbles have long cooldowns and it has overall more complex mechanics than conq. Most poms are more or less free kills for a reason in minis (even noob ones can be impossible to take down in duels though) and they don't have heavy armour 15khp etc. They do have fantastic CCs and nuking power, though.

DTs need stacks of VoM before they can be a threat, and their mana shield is both a strength and a weakness (because you can drain their mana with some classes), they have 1h range and low mobility. They have one anti magical bubble (but actually it doesn't give them 100% protection, so not really a "true" bubble) and one imba life leech with 5 minutes cd (but they have to manage to hit their opponent and do some damage to heal themselves up... with 1h range, remember, and for euro players you can add the latency as a disadvantage here too). Sure they have a nice mana drain to annihilate casters and they can do some sick damage with vom stacks, but it's REALLY nothing like conq in pvp.

Now Guards, my main, so I believe I kind of know what I'm talking about. We have the best melee weapon range, which makes landing combos easy even with a bit of latency - but our combos are still not aoe. Every time I log conq or use bone shatter on barb I'm surprised by how easy and stupid aoe combos are. It's rubbish that conqs get this IMO (barbs only get it on one combo so I don't care). Guards don't have debuffs (okay we have one but it's so bad it's not funny, 15sec duration 45min cd, requires to swap weapons, 1h range - lolz), we have one bubble (5 minutes CD), one nice aoe stun/fear (long CD that makes it not OP), 2kbs (the polearm one being slow and very easy to double tap with low latency) and then we get our nice burst with a very short CD - truly the best thing about guard in pvp. Because combined with this we have the best armour/prot/hp from gear (but DTs can get more protection with feats) and passive CCs resists (but that's luck based, so it's like when you get that big crit on OLP or Void of madness, nice when it happens but not reliable) - though I'm not sure it's as high as some people think it is (full AA + elusive manoeuvre = 25% vs stun, 15-20% vs the rest and 0% vs kb, with BK buffs you get a bit more ofc). Last, guard has the worst self healing out of all soldiers - by far. 800hp every 30 secs when below 50% hp (when other soldiers can heal themselves constantly). That's the main reason while guard sucks in 1o1. We have a +5% speedbuff too, running most of the time in minis (but not really in duels), which is a small plus compared to other soldiers - but a plus nevertheless. Oh yeah and if you want you can mention the buggy STA with which you can one shot sins and demos in 1o1, but since it's a bug you should despise the people exploiting it (or FC for not fixing it) rather than the class as a whole. It's not "working as intended".

And yeah, I do want to see all 3 soldiers nerfed. Another thing is that conq and dt don't need to be in frenzy to do good damage (at least guard is gimped in def stance), but making stance dancing more risky would balance guards too (because it's true we are a bit sturdier than other tanks in frenzy, "guarded frenzy" is the kind of feat that doesn't have its place in this game in pvp)

But IMO, conq is by far the most shocking atm.
    Last edited by kalston; 21st May 2013 at 13:15.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Yes, that's it. You can say pom and guard and dt are OP all you want but if you look closely you will quickly realize that it's quite a bit different.

Pom needs to keep tons of buffs up and running to survive, the bubbles have long cooldowns and it has overall more complex mechanics than conq. Most poms are more or less free kills for a reason in minis (even noob ones can be impossible to take down in duels though) and they don't have heavy armour 15khp etc. They do have fantastic CCs and nuking power, though.

DTs need stacks of VoM before they can be a threat, and their mana shield is both a strength and a weakness (because you can drain their mana with some classes), they have 1h range and low mobility. They have one anti magical bubble (but actually it doesn't give them 100% protection, so not really a "true" bubble) and one imba life leech with 5 minutes cd (but they have to manage to hit their opponent and do some damage to heal themselves up... with 1h range, remember, and for euro players you can add the latency as a disadvantage here too). Sure they have a nice mana drain to annihilate casters and they can do some sick damage with vom stacks, but it's REALLY nothing like conq in pvp.

Now Guards, my main, so I believe I kind of know what I'm talking about. We have the best melee weapon range, which makes landing combos easy even with a bit of latency - but our combos are still not aoe. Every time I log conq or use bone shatter on barb I'm surprised by how easy and stupid aoe combos are. It's rubbish that conqs get this IMO (barbs only get it on one combo so I don't care). Guards don't have debuffs (okay we have one but it's so bad it's not funny, 15sec duration 45min cd, requires to swap weapons, 1h range - lolz), we have one bubble (5 minutes CD), one nice aoe stun/fear (long CD that makes it not OP), 2kbs (the polearm one being slow and very easy to double tap with low latency) and then we get our nice burst with a very short CD - truly the best thing about guard in pvp. Because combined with this we have the best armour/prot/hp from gear (but DTs can get more protection with feats) and passive CCs resists (but that's luck based, so it's like when you get that big crit on OLP or Void of madness, nice when it happens but not reliable) - though I'm not sure it's as high as some people think it is (full AA + elusive manoeuvre = 25% vs stun, 15-20% vs the rest and 0% vs kb, with BK buffs you get a bit more ofc). Last, guard has the worst self healing out of all soldiers - by far. 800hp every 30 secs when below 50% hp (when other soldiers can heal themselves constantly). That's the main reason while guard sucks in 1o1. We have a +5% speedbuff too, running most of the time in minis (but not really in duels), which is a small plus compared to other soldiers - but a plus nevertheless. Oh yeah and if you want you can mention the buggy STA with which you can one shot sins and demos in 1o1, but since it's a bug you should despise the people exploiting it (or FC for not fixing it) rather than the class as a whole. It's not "working as intended".

And yeah, I do want to see all 3 soldiers nerfed. Another thing is that conq and dt don't need to be in frenzy to do good damage (at least guard is gimped in def stance), but making stance dancing more risky would balance guards too (because it's true we are a bit sturdier than other tanks in frenzy, "guarded frenzy" is the kind of feat that doesn't have its place in this game in pvp)

But IMO, conq is by far the most shocking atm.
    You want to see soldiers nerfed since your server is replete with them...

come to Crom you will change your mind once you are in Jhebbal and you have 6 necro dots running on you for the whole duration of the mini.

Now with the downgraded latency, casters will rule with a tighter grip even.

Quote Originally Posted by abbalinos View Post
    You want to see soldiers nerfed since your server is replete with them...

come to Crom you will change your mind once you are in Jhebbal and you have 6 necro dots running on you for the whole duration of the mini.

Now with the downgraded latency, casters will rule with a tighter grip even.
    What this has to do with class being OP or not? You feel free to come to fury and dot all the soldiers you want with your necro. And i often have dots from 2 necros on conq and still dont die.
    OP wants to see soldiers nerfed because they have awesome ratio of survivability and dmg, and on top of that conq has so many easy mode abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    What this has to do with class being OP or not? You feel free to come to fury and dot all the soldiers you want with your necro. And i often have dots from 2 necros on conq and still dont die.
    OP wants to see soldiers nerfed because they have awesome ratio of survivability and dmg, and on top of that conq has so many easy mode abilities.
    How did you deduce that i have a necro? I don't... i hate that class

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    yes pvp 10 conqs are op, but **** so are pvp 10 dts, an guards, and poms. and a pvp 10 bear is a dueling god, a pvp 10 necro can **** a team, ****, most classes are op in the right hands.
    Conq is also a dueling god.

Nobody here said that DTs, Guards and PoMs were not OP.

The point is, Conqs are even more OP and noob friendly. They get great self heals, awesome bubbles, AoE combos, AoE CCs and great damage.

Even a bad Conq will rarely die simply because they have easy to use tools to stay alive.

Carnage Conqs are just as crazy -edited by Grizzly-. Why in the hell would they give them a charge KB? They always have it and all you see in every mini is them charging back and forth nuking everything down.
    There is also nothing you can do to stop them. If you try to focus them they just run back to their pad before you can do enough damage to kill them.
    So they pretty much have a free pass the entire mini to farm kills because nobody is going to spend 5 min burning down a soldier when there are other classes to burn.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 22nd May 2013 at 02:15.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

I gotta lol at conq having easier mechanics than pom. Also funny people mentioning the aoe kb thinking it's like pom repulse but nnoooo that thing has like a 0.5m radius.

Look, conq (as well as all soldiers) are very strong right now.... no doubt. But all these people whining I bet don't even have a conq. The loudest pvp cries usually come from that keyboard turner who 'specializes' in caster classes because landing combos is too hard for them. Bottom line is slower reaction time people gravitate towards casters. I guarantee the conqs who made all these cries would also be tearing stuff up on other classes as well.

I see conqs dominating and I see conqs getting destroyed. I see guard, DT, bs, pom, tos, hox, etc., etc. dominating and I see all of them getting destroyed as well. Sounds good to me.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Conq is also a dueling god.

Nobody here said that DTs, Guards and PoMs were not OP.

The point is, Conqs are even more OP and noob friendly. They get great self heals, awesome bubbles, AoE combos, AoE CCs and great damage.

Even a bad Conq will rarely die simply because they have easy to use tools to stay alive.

Carnage Conqs are just as retarded. Why in the hell would they give them a charge KB? They always have it and all you see in every mini is them charging back and forth nuking everything down.
    There is also nothing you can do to stop them. If you try to focus them they just run back to their pad before you can do enough damage to kill them.
    So they pretty much have a free pass the entire mini to farm kills because nobody is going to spend 5 min burning down a soldier when there are other classes to burn.
    A dt crying about conq... that's rich. Sounds like a l2p issue. 5 mins to burn carnage conq down? Exaggerations do not help an argument if you want to be taken seriously.

The only thing that should possibly be changed about soldier archetype is the amount of protection on the pvp pieces.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I see conqs dominating and I see conqs getting destroyed. I see guard, DT, bs, pom, tos, hox, etc., etc. dominating and I see all of them getting destroyed as well. Sounds good to me.
    This is true, however i dont see conqs die much or at all unless they are total noobs with 2 left hands.
    Also you cant argue with conqs being noob friendly. 2 bubles, ret dmg, aoe knock, aoe combos, nice snare, silence...
    I agree with you that pom is very strong class, and in right hand even more powerful than conq for team, but its bit harder to play and you dont see much poms making trouble in mini games like conqs.
    And i do have high pvp conq

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Nonsense. HoX is the DPS class with the lowest survivability of the game, yet it can't kill any class as fast as a conq.

Class balance? theres no such thing in AoC. Funcom do not follow the rules of + survivability - damage/-survivability + damage.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast