Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half a Decade

Default Half a Decade

... and the only thing we're being offered is free time if we sub up?

Where's our double funcom points like SOE does almost every other month for all of their games? Can we get double funcom points just once a year maybe?

Where's the cool and useful loot like EVE Online gives out every Christmas and every anniversary? Maybe a free mount of our choice for one character on every account?

Comon guys, there's gotta be something better than trying to lock us into another 6-12 months of play time. Especially considering other titles looming on the horizon... or maybe that's why free game time is the only thing on the table. Yeah, probably.

Yay doomsayers and self-entitlement!
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevsky View Post
    Yay doomsayers and self-entitlement!
    You can say that if you want, but Funcom is the company closing half it's offices, consolidating down to one dev team and operating in red ink for 12 months.

Maybe they should be providing incentives to keep the half dozen players they have left.

Most of the remaining players do not play for tidbits and trinkets.

I can't even be bothered to take them up on that extra sub offer as my sub re-newed 3 days before the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    There was a lot of other stuff listed on the email I got. Bonus game time was just the thing that had already started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Most of the remaining players do not play for tidbits and trinkets.
    In other words, people for whom this is a celebration, not people for whom everything must be a bribe to keep playing.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

We're ALL playing for trinkets and tidbits. It's not as if you get your last T4 piece and they ship you a BMW. Get over yourselves.

Blows my mind that anyone would whine about someone asking if they're going to have a double funcom point day. Fanbois... [edited by Drest - trolling]
    Last edited by Drest; 20th May 2013 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    The answer to your question is no. They're also offering free stuff via Item Shop that you'll be able to claim once a week for 1 month if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure that will include F2P. It has in the past.

The other stuff you mentioned is being offered to members.

They give the "free" gametime because they feel that no one will be paying for this a year from now anyway so it's pretty much free for them to give. We got last update to the game like 6 months ago or what was it? What we have got after that was one patch that broke the game and another that fixed half the stuff the first one broke. They have also shut down their servers in europe now. They have not fixed even the easiest bugs during this 6 months. So they do anything to get you to sign up for a full year. Never been with the gloom squad here but it's pretty obvious at this point they don't have the means to manage the game anymore. I have game time to the early next year and not going to get more. It's not just worth it anymore since i'm sure by that time they will make the game all f2p.

Quoted from April's Game Director Letter:

Age of Conan 5th Anniversary

Coming up we have the Age of Conan 5th Anniversary, which is a really exciting milestone for the game (and it also reminds some of us devs just how old we are...)

Together with the community team we are putting together a schedule of events and we will write an additional article about the upcoming festivities as soon as everything is in place!

It’s my goal to have several of the developers and the GMs take an active part in these events on the servers, to make sure it’s a party to remember!
    In addition to the extra game time when purchasing a subscription by May 30th, this was announced in the email Funcom sent out to all players:

• Brutal in-game events: Some of the most fearsome and powerful adversaries of Hyboria are roaming the land spreading death and destruction. Defeat them to gain epic rewards! Anyone can join in the fun.
    • Improvements to Membership: Enjoy more bonuses, such as boosted XP and extra Bonus Points for use in the Item Store each month as a valued Member.
    • Free Treasures: During the celebration all players will receive some special items to mark this great occasion. Members will receive an additional bonus treasure.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcom
    Brutal in-game events: Some of the most fearsome and powerful adversaries of Hyboria are roaming the land spreading death and destruction. Defeat them to gain epic rewards! Anyone can join in the fun.
    To relieve some of the pressure on Khemi guards i presume?
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast