Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Set or Tyranny

I expect people staying on Set. The pop really is healthy, and I don't see the merge changing Tyranny all that much.

It sounds like lots of the Fury population left that server for Crom to get away from Russians, so I'd think when the merge happens, most former Tyranny people will just stay on Set since the population will be massive.

What im saying is....do peple care about whether a server is PvE or PvP anymore??

If the population stays on Set....why not just make it a PvP server....same pop plus added bonus of open world again.

Or would there be a huge qq fest?
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    What im saying is....do peple care about whether a server is PvE or PvP anymore??

If the population stays on Set....why not just make it a PvP server....same pop plus added bonus of open world again.

Or would there be a huge qq fest?
    First off, what you stated would never happen lol.

And second, yes, there would be massive qq if it did.

I've also wondered what would RN and SR do if there was a pvp server merge, if they'd just stay on Set/Crom/Mitra superserver or if some/all would transfer back to the new pvp server. Only time will tell I guess. My gut feeling is that those that want to T4 raid will stay on the PVE megaserver.

I wouldn't expect anyone to transfer to the PvP servers because they have pretty much ruined open world PvP, and that is essentially the only difference.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

I'd like to be back on open world pvp server, but crom/set is the better long term investment... seeing as I had to pay transfers to get to set I won't move again even if there are free transfers during the merge.

Most likely the population will die again on the pvp servers to the point that the pve server will be the last one left with a decent population, like it is now.

By then free transfers will be gone, so we would have to pay to come back again - which is just dumb.

Maybe at most move one toon until it dies then move that toon back Ace.

So a thread in the Set section of the forums says without a doubt that set is better? Imagine that...

Hm stay on set and wait in khemi for mini's to pop or move back to tryanny where I'll get open world pvp and maybe even do some quests again while waiting for mini's.

I could stay in set and grind that new khitai gear I've always wanted or raid t4 with the hardcore pve'ers

I'll def be moving the one toon I brought to set back to tyranny. Joel already said he'll likely be honoring the free transfer during merge.

Also, there will still be more pvp servers than pve servers. Stupid deathwish server and ruleset has been killing tyranny get rid of it for %&^% sakes.

If you like pvp, come to Fury.

There's a lot of Russians but it's still far from being a "Russian server" (that's just laughable, wish FC would show the numbers...), don't listen to the haters. It's not a "hacking" server either, we have some but they are well known and we grief them more than enough, no worries. Also they are pretty much always such bad players that it hardly matters. Same with those clowns who bought full t4 toons but can't move and get farmed like tortage geared chars.

Even if a certain number of pvp vets went to Crom, most of them came back (with their full t4 toons ofc) because the pvp on Crom is just abysmal compared to Fury. Mark my words.

Sure there's not a lot of open world pvp but there's still some of it, as well as frequent fighting in bori (the diggers are almost never left alone unless they play at some stupidly early/late hour) - yes boys, even in summer diggers get farmed.
    If pvpers keep going on the pve that's too bad and I guess like some people said we might hardly notice any population boost on Fury after the merges, which would make me really sad.

And FYI we do have pug raids (not t4 but sometimes t3) and k6, just a lot less of it in summer.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I and many other people are annoyed at Fury Global being full of incomprehensible text, squares and bad google translations from Russian to English. We are sick of the hacks and Funcom being unwilling to do anything about them.

It doesn't really matter what server you play on, Fury is becoming deserted as the normal players rapidly migrate to Crom. Whats left on Fury are a few die hards and a lot of RU players. Global chat on Fury is full of RU text and a few lines of English. 80/20 in favour of RU text imo.

But as Fury dies more and more Furians are moving to Crom, so when free transfers appear after the merge my bet is most of the remaining population on Fury will also go to Crom. Including the all the sh1t people paid to get away from the past year.

After the merge you will have a dead Fury server and a full Crom server - just be prepared to have hundreds of people on ignore.

It's gonna be fvcking annoying.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast