Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anatu, question for you

I'd love to get some more open world...it's been a long time

Set was a good move, but the inability to jump people out in the world made it frustrating at times.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    So I popped back to tyranny to see asylum pad camp their own guildies. Kind of sad.
    Only guildie I would pad camp is Jichbad

Makes me kind of nostalgic... on french PvP servers in minis we had this tacit rule. I don't know where it came from, nor how it managed to last so long but till the end with the merge with Fury the word was: No flag near the rezpad. Flag carrier would always try to runaway somewhere else and the few times a team would be pushed to the rezpad, instead of camping at the entry the other team would pull back and wait near the columns of the main room (in HV) a few seconds till the other team got out of there.

Besides a handfull of morons everyone respected that even in full pugs with or against players you hated/dispised... was rather cool. No reason to rezpad farm, rezpad farming in minis was almost nonexistant, more flag centered minis which encouraged teamplay (helped of course by players joining minis in groupes of 2/3 but not only) and this rather healthy environnement encouraging fighting over afking/leaving lost/tough fights.

Heck ! I miss the times when PvP was as much a question of skill than it was a question of attitude. The good old days aye...
    Last edited by Arishanya; 23rd May 2013 at 17:38.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Makes me kind of nostalgic... on french PvP servers in minis we had this tacit rule. I don't know where it came from, nor how it managed to last so long but till the end with the merge with Fury the word was: No flag near the rezpad. Flag carrier would always try to runaway somewhere else and the few times a team would be pushed to the rezpad, instead of camping at the entry the other team would pull back and wait near the columns of the main room (in HV) a few seconds till the other team got out of there.

Besides a handfull of morons everyone respected that even in full pugs with or against players you hated/dispised... was rather cool. No reason to rezpad farm, rezpad farming in minis was almost nonexistant, more flag centered minis which encouraged teamplay (helped of course by players joining minis in groupes of 2/3 but not only) and this rather healthy environnement encouraging fighting over afking/leaving lost/tough fights.

Heck ! I miss the times when PvP was as much a question of skill than it was a question of attitude. The good old days aye...
    :,( i like pvp for its harshness, i wouldve prolly gotten bored

I know lots of you guys are naga owners, updated your mouse to the new phone firmware yet?

http://cdn5.thinkcomputers.org/image...naga-phone.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    :,( i like pvp for its harshness, i wouldve prolly gotten bored
    I do not see why this wouldn't be compatible with harshness. Unless harshness stands for rezpad camping and i'll never understand the pleasure in that. I actually find PvP harsher when you are bound to a certain number of social rules. When it's all about "whatever it takes to win (or avoid losing)" i get bored to death. I don't see the point in that sort of PvP and harsh isn't what i'd call it since you can dodge easily all the situations where PvP is about to get "harsh".

[When playing like pancakes is accepted as the norm of dominating side. Avoiding that pancake-itude by every possible way, even if it's lame, tends to be the norm of dominated teams. It's not harsh you can dodge everything you find harsh and gank the "retards" left who don't give up/leave mini/afk in hide/don't care.]

In what i speak of, a minimum of fair-play/self-esteem/maturity was expected from the dominating side. In return, the dominated team was expected to fight, to not give up easily. It's harsher since even when you're getting badly trampled, you're expected to keep fighting/trying. Not doing so would have eventually lead to a guild-kick, [few willing to host (players considered as) maple syrup.]

Edited by Arishanya to remove impolite language. Please refer to the Social Guidelines when posting.
    Edited and corrected by Vehl to restore previously edited parts of the post.
    Last edited by Vehl; 24th May 2013 at 09:43.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Pad camping has no positive consequences. It only discourages and if anything, new players will be like "WTF" and probably not resign. Not only that, the 6 we started with, ended up being 10 because people started dropping, then new players joined, saw what has happening and dropped. There is no way anyone can justify pad camping. Especially their own guildies.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 23rd May 2013 at 17:45.

So I popped back to tyranny to see asylum pad camp their own guildies. Kind of sad.
    I think the problem is more with the individual players rather than the server or even guild for that matter. It's a shitty thing to do no doubt, but the whole server shouldn't be held accounatble for it.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Pad camping has no positive consequences. It only discourages and if anything, new players will be like "WTF" and probably not resign. Not only that, the 6 we started with, ended up being 10 because people started dropping, then new players joined, saw what has happening and dropped. There is no way anyone can justify pad camping. Especially their own guildies.
    I havn't seen anyone from my guild pad camp each other but we are kind of a newly merged guild.

Its more like 3 guilds then 1. Wartribe and some Blackout joined us so maybe they are just playing minis like they are use too..

Edited by Arishanya to remove flaming/trolling remarks. Please adhere to the Social Guidelines when posting.

No one is save from my 2hb or arrows, even on the pad..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast