Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: could not connect to patch server

tried that...no effect...i dont know what to do...hm...

hm those posts arent really related to our problem,since one post is about bad performance/lag issues which was solved deinstalling windows updates, and another is with patcher hanging in middle of a download.

we cant even get the patcher to connect to even attempt download,let alone display any info (i remember the patcher when I originally had the game,it would display patch notes and stuff,lets call it ''news'' shall we),this displays nothing,just :could not connect to patch server,Could not continue. there is a play button which does nothing...

i have googled this yesterday for a couple of hours,all the problems ive found were from 2008 and 2009... im guess a really low ammount of people has this problem,also i combed through the Steam game hub community of AOC,not a single soul with this problem -.-

i found out people reporting success with IE proxy settings under Internet Options, but mine was OFF in the first place...

im baffled,I guess I could try live chat with support,Im trying for 2 days straight ,it just never is online lol.

I just wanna play the game i used to play 3 years ago...it just wont let me lol

Default hm

i wonder if i buy new pc would it work hahaha......live chat doesnt help with techical questions...
    Last edited by marinm; 17th May 2013 at 17:36. Reason: p.s

eh ,well I have a days head start with emailing tech support than you,if i get any response ill post here asap. But I doubt it will be anything helpful.

Seems this problem isnt really happening to alot of people ,otherwise tech forum would be swarmed with posts about it.

I play a pletora of mmo's : Gw2,Neverwinter,path of exile,LoL (all of these games have their own patchers,with different ports/server locations) ALL WORK FINE

i know...i have lotro,sto,wow...etc...but everyone disables proxy in IE and firefox and it helps them...old posts from 2008 like u said...wtf is wrong wih us...bad karma i say...

Quote Originally Posted by marinm View Post
    i know...i have lotro,sto,wow...etc...but everyone disables proxy in IE and firefox and it helps them...old posts from 2008 like u said...wtf is wrong wih us...bad karma i say...
    its amazing this problem persists 4-5 years later but it does. not for many people but it does...

I sure as hell am not reinstalling my windows,reinstalling windows is not an answer since so many games work PERFECTLY FINE.

Crappiest thing about this is : I REALLY WANNA PLAY AOC,like BADLY. I was a huge fanboy on release,hell I still am. Game did ALOT of things right,even more than reviews and many of old WoW players said it did. Market wasnt just ready at the moment for some of the inovations in combat etc. Now action combat is standard in MMO's and AOC is gettin its spotlight,but oh man was it awesome in 2008,no other MMO did combat like AOC. + graphic in AOC is still quite good,really nice textures,and sounds...

oh man,I got it bad

u know what...i have two other pc-s ill try on them...just to see if it is with my internet maybe...ill let u know in couple of minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by marinm View Post
    u know what...i have two other pc-s ill try on them...just to see if it is with my internet maybe...ill let u know in couple of minutes...
    cool

heh ill try on my laptop aswell,it can't hurt. it still has win xp

yeah...no luck...hm...it must be internet...but what???

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast