Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: could not connect to patch server

Question could not connect to patch server

Hi, i just downloaded age of conan and when i install it and hit play it opens patcher that says "could not connect to patch server. cannot continue."...every time...now i used to play this game before and it always worked...I've looked on google for solutions but non of them worked (lan proxy server, antivirus, bla bla)...i play other mmos so i think its not my internet connection (adsl-broadband)...any help would be appriciated...thx

My specs: Intel i5, 4 gb ram, gtx 650ti...

I have the same issue!I redownloaded game twice (through steam),verified all the data,but when I hit play the patcher can't connect to the server.

In Firefox and internet explorer i have proxy off,myfirewall is off,and i disabled my antivirus, to no avail.

Nothing is wrong with my computer,also I have played the game before (like a year ago),it all worked fine.

here's the log file
    some1 please help us!

[2013-05-16 15:33:39Z #0] [ID:0] [Main] Patcher exe hash is aeb19b3b0c19f2e76056f3136c7a1bef
    [2013-05-16 15:33:39Z #0] [ID:0] [Proxy] Proxy: "":0
    [2013-05-16 15:33:40Z #0] [ID:0] [ResourceManager] Found 503.7 MB Unused space in all rdbdata files
    [2013-05-16 15:33:40Z #0] [ID:0] [ResourceManager] No project defined,you are missing the project configuration keys or they are pointing to a non existing project,running dreamworld control center and selecting a project should fix it
    [2013-05-16 15:33:41Z #0] [ID:0] [Scaleform] ActionScriptClass::CreateString. No SFMovieWrapper pointer create variable in.
    Last message repeated 1 more times
    [2013-05-16 15:33:53Z #0] [ID:0] [HTTPManager] http://aoc-eu-control.live.ageofcona...nfoClient.txt: failed to connect
    [2013-05-16 15:33:58Z #0] [ID:0] [HTTPManager] Files:1/2 (0.0/0.0 MB) Speed:0.9 KB/s
    [2013-05-16 15:34:03Z #0] [ID:0] [HTTPManager] Files:1/2 (0.0/0.0 MB) Speed:0.0 KB/s

glad that im not the only one :P

To contact Customer Service via email send an email through http://help.funcom.com or to go to http://www.ageofconan.com/support and click on "Email Support".

I would think this would be the best course of action for you to take with your issue as it sounds like you have a missing or corrupt file, link the error message you get in the email for them and they can assist you.

I've had a problem like this and they were able to email me the file that I required to resolve the problem.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

a corrupt file has nothing to do with connecting to the patch servers. which we both clearly are not connecting to!

also i checked my localconfig.xml file,its allright and as it should be

im trying to open port 7000 now,maybe that is the problem -.-

If the file is giving the wrong information to the server then it will prevent you from making a connection, perhaps corrupt isn't the correct term in this instance but you're still better off contacting customer support via email, or at least in addition to asking for help here so that you get the quickest resolution to your connection issue so that you can play.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

ive sent an email to their support yesterday. im still waiting

i put little hope into resolving this matter,i remember their support when the game was released (in 2008),wasnt that great either ,doubt its better now. But then again,Id love if they proved me wrong,it would show they evolved

Quote Originally Posted by stargejzer View Post
    ive sent an email to their support yesterday. im still waiting

i put little hope into resolving this matter,i remember their support when the game was released (in 2008),wasnt that great either ,doubt its better now. But then again,Id love if they proved me wrong,it would show they evolved
    Email support will take a couple days, if not a week. So its really worthless to bother asking them as much as the mods think otherwise.

I would replace the LocalConfig.xml data again. I don't have the link to the list at work, but it should be on this forum somewhere.

If that doesn't work, run Conanpatcher.exe as administrator, and make sure the Awesomium.exe process is not being blocked, this controls the item shop. Also make sure your windows is up to date and date/time are correct.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

i've replaced local xml but it says that some files(simbols) are missing...and yes it is eu vesrion of xml file...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast