Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: could not connect to patch server

tried aswell. nothing

also aoc qs does not work anymore (since some newer aoc patch)

hey guys I managed to get ingame! here's what I did!

<HttpPatchFolder> AoCLiveEU </HttpPatchFolder>

i DELETED this line from local config,and ran ageofconan.exe DIRECTLY from the install dir. it bypasses the patcher completely!

i logged in,im looking at my old barbarian I have,and as it looks i can play the game no problems. Im wondering what I will do when a new patch comes (how will I patcH??)

maybe I can patch through steam and not through aoc patcher at all (with verify),ill let you guys know how this turns out. but atleast i managed to start the bloody game

EDIT: bugger all,im having Failed to authenticate with character server (or something like that) when i wanna create a new char,or play my old one
    Last edited by stargejzer; 18th May 2013 at 08:27.

im done with this game

bugs were the downfall of aoc a few years back,nothin has changed,as a matter of fact,when i think of it now i do remember the bitter taste aoc left in my mouth

all this hassle just aint worth it

Quote Originally Posted by stargejzer View Post
    tried aswell. nothing

also aoc qs does not work anymore (since some newer aoc patch)
    Strange it works for me . This is the newest version there is you must have the old version. The one I linked still works.

got a reponse from funcom tech supp..

heres what i found out. patching game through steam and relying on steam to keep it always patched aint reliable since steam hasnt always got the latest revisions on their servers, patching still happens through conan patcher.

Also we agreed (exchanged couple of emails in a quite rapid succession) that it is our ISP problem (probably the router) ,its incapable of port forwarding right (port 7000) and our connection to patch server is blocked. Problem is on our end, so whats left to do is either buy a new router,or call ISP and try to work it out with them but that is a long shot..

after consulting my ISP theyve sent a tehnician to my home to see where the problem was.

After 2 days of work (literally) and after we tried everything it was not working. The guy said he has to check something with some other tech guy who knows more than he does,and after a 2 days pause I can finally connect to AOC servers (port 7000)

jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by stargejzer View Post
    after consulting my ISP theyve sent a tehnician to my home to see where the problem was.

After 2 days of work (literally) and after we tried everything it was not working. The guy said he has to check something with some other tech guy who knows more than he does,and after a 2 days pause I can finally connect to AOC servers (port 7000)

jesus christ
    Wow, now that's rather insane.

Which ISP do you have, anyway?
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Wow, now that's rather insane.

Which ISP do you have, anyway?
    Optima Telekom - Croatia

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345