Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "OMG my ping is now 200 what do I do? " -edited by Grizzly-

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    keep on going with ur vids banto
    I will soon, will start after 24th may with more frequent videos when i have full free time for it again!
    and i remember your name by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    I don't get your point. You can do everything you mentioned (the pro-skill-lvl) with 200ms+ just fine. You should also take into consideration that 80% of the population will have the same latency as you.

You can combo jump, sprint jump, cancel your combos, double tap kb, kite...
    have you ever played with 30 ms in conan? if not tell me how can you compare the difference

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The latency definitely adds a "random" note to movement like that, because you can't really control that you really "avoid" hits by using the jumploit or you will be there in time to score a hit on the victim when under speed, without getting rubberbanded.
    Best description at the moment about this delay
    now theres a new feature in aoc called Delay, added to group-class-gear balance .....

Default PVP Hitbox size for new ping

As Funcom introduces the new high-ping feature can we get a standardized hitbox size for all melee so all are 2handed range.

Currently everyone is rerolling casters and hoping around... you cannot hit them. Period.

PvP with the new ping feature introduces a new skill I have yet to learn: Phsycic-enemy-appearing-prediction /TM

Seriously though... Assassin and 2handed barbs have it the worste at the moment... everything hops to make lag, and whilst Dark Templar and Carnage Conquerors are in a similar boat they arent in light or cloth armour :\

I'm off to play a different game but surely you could consider making pvp possible for the REALLY short hitbox characters in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by smacpro View Post
    have you ever played with 30 ms in conan? if not tell me how can you compare the difference
    ? Play thousands of hours against people with 10ms, beat them, copy their movements, do everything they can do and then you realize ping is not that important if you follow some rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    As Funcom introduces the new high-ping feature can we get a standardized hitbox size for all melee so all are 2handed range.

Currently everyone is rerolling casters and hoping around... you cannot hit them. Period.

PvP with the new ping feature introduces a new skill I have yet to learn: Phsycic-enemy-appearing-prediction /TM

Seriously though... Assassin and 2handed barbs have it the worste at the moment... everything hops to make lag, and whilst Dark Templar and Carnage Conquerors are in a similar boat they arent in light or cloth armour :\

I'm off to play a different game but surely you could consider making pvp possible for the REALLY short hitbox characters in the game.
    You aren't even trying, I bet. It's easier to blame funcom.
    Last edited by Lerael; 18th May 2013 at 11:41.

? Play thousands of hours against people with 10ms, beat them, copy their movements, do everything they can do and then you realize ping is not that important if you follow some rules.
    Did you not read his post? He's saying you've never played with 30ms yourself so you have no idea what it's like - in other words you can't really speak about something you have no clue about (no offence meant, you live where you live and you have the latency you have).

Sure you can beat people with 10ms ping, but if they were good you'd stand no chance lol

Are you sure you understand what latency means? What it implies? How it impacts this game?
    Last edited by kalston; 18th May 2013 at 12:22.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

There might be engine problems that happen randomly (or not so randomly for network experts), because of latency "difference".
    Depending on your playstyle and class it CAN favor the one with high latency as well.

Btw, no Jhebbal Sag on Fury for days now (

I might be able to do some testing next week to check about "special behaviour" affecting latency and under which conditions it favors whom.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th May 2013 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post

btw today I saw some kind of nab sin lev 9 from ferrata using your nick

How is ping not important if they can do everything faster and smoother than you?
    I mean you put up video of not so good mini game (not implying that you are bad, but both team were average at best) and saying that it is all o.k.
    Did you saw video kalston posted? did you noticed difference in game play?

Well atleast now the yanks are in pole position, if they cant win PvP premade we can laugh at them, cos they got Ping on their side?

Hitting up is better? Eu just triggered HM, US is NM.

Yeah, it is a longshot, but atleast something.

I was going to reply each one of you with my point of view but I think it's useless.
    Moderators, close this thread if possible.
    Last edited by Lerael; 18th May 2013 at 14:35.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast