Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AoC... will die?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    ..Let's not forget EU players pay like 29% more than US players for the subscription, ..
    Pay more and more of us then yanks .. if anything, server HAS to be in EU ..

At the end of the day, we play AoC cus we like it, lags and all. Until a better game comes out .. I'm not moving

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Pay more and more of us then yanks .. if anything, server HAS to be in EU ..

At the end of the day, we play AoC cus we like it, lags and all. Until a better game comes out .. I'm not moving
    ur moving to aoc 2.0 :P

Has anyone actually had problems playing after the server move and the higher latency?? Not thinking of pvp`ers, they would whine even if the server was in their own living room.

Last nite it was business as usual on Crom at least, we had guild raid which worked just fine. Didnt hear one complain about beeing unable to play, was 30+ ppl on.

I think ppl need to quit beeing doomsday preppers and rather enjoy the game...which is still working fine. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    Has anyone actually had problems playing after the server move and the higher latency?? Not thinking of pvp`ers, they would whine even if the server was in their own living room.

Last nite it was business as usual on Crom at least, we had guild raid which worked just fine. Didnt hear one complain about beeing unable to play, was 30+ ppl on.

I think ppl need to quit beeing doomsday preppers and rather enjoy the game...which is still working fine. ;-)
    Same experience. It is not all doom.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    ur moving to aoc 2.0 :P
    How can we get some Russian billionaire (Arab sheiks not welcome) to not spend £50mil on crap football players and instead give it to make AoC 2 (from this one ofc )

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post

Well not yet. It is not bad for PvE, you could do fine with 500 latency in AoC static PvE.

Lag spikes are same as always

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Well not yet. It is not bad for PvE, you could do fine with 500 latency in AoC static PvE.

Lag spikes are same as always
    Yeah, you can do fine in PvE with 500 latency but it's still not fun as fun as playing with low ping. You kill the boss, you get the loot, yipeeee, but hell... forget about having fun playing with the limits.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Yeah, you can do fine in PvE with 500 latency but it's still not fun as fun as playing with low ping. You kill the boss, you get the loot, yipeeee, but hell... forget about having fun playing with the limits.
    Yep, it's not pleasant playing with high ping, whatever the mode you play.
    And there's some boss mechanics based on human reaction and active positionning (esp T3.5, T4).

Ontopic : AoC is not dying, just getting sleepy, slowy... Since one year we have just AoK unchained (recycled content), a bunch of limited class revamps and failed part 1 of dragon spine.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    i just love when u pop up

always making sure to mention open world needs to worked on
    I aim to please :P And yep, I always mention open-world PvP, simply because it holds an absolutely ridiculous amount of potential IF done correctly. Which it currently isn't, and the on-going focus on minigames is, at best, a Donald Duck-bandaid over a chestwound made by a MK211 12.7mm round.

AoC won't die before Funcom no longer makes money on it. And to be honest, the plans they have for AoC will probably make them MORE money from it in the future, once the changes are implemented and people have come to terms with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    AoC won't die before Funcom no longer makes money on it. And to be honest, the plans they have for AoC will probably make them MORE money from it in the future, once the changes are implemented and people have come to terms with them.
    Sure but as we wish everything best to the game and all above more players why not move servers to EU? there is bigger playerbase generaly, we pay more, potential in EU is also bigger... and all above we got much more PvP players.

You US PvE players can live with higher latency but in Europe there is many players (like me) who doesn´t do almost any PvE and are interested only in PvP part of the game.

By this simpliest logic servers should be in EU instead of in US. Howgh
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast