Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: AoC... will die?

Quote Originally Posted by mardragon7 View Post
    The cake is a ...
    Until I sink my teeth into it, I'll share your sentiments Having played AoC for 5 years and AO for 4 years before that, I've learned to not take anything from FC for face value until it's implemented.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    ... For better or worse, the merging of all servers and implementation of cross-server tech (if it works as announced, of course :P) ..
    It appears FC have magically solved their legacy code issue that was stopping EU and US servers from cross dressing nicely.

Why do I have this nagging thing telling me I heard "can't be done, we want to but can't be done as US and EU code is not the same" or something along those lines.

AoC PvE is not going to die any time soonish.
    AoC PvP i have no clue...but it doesnt look good - thats for sure.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

It better not die yet...i'm just downloading it x)

For PvE .. doesn't look like there will be lasting effects.

We managed 1st 3 bosses in T4, and some are gonna hate me, but on my Virgin cable, it seemed smoother than usual. Pings were higher on average but kinda less of those micro lags. Had 95-125 , spikes to 260ms.

tracert tells me there are 12 steps from UK to NC. Some have 22, which doubles the ping pretty much.

Same. First 3 bosses T4 smooth as before. 140 ms

I was worried ahead of the raid as I was running rotations on strawmen in lacaeish it spiked from 140 to 667 regularly every few minutes.

After moving for the raid it was all good.

I play on mmorpgs for the PVP, I don't like the PVE (few time I'm going on istance or raid only for fun), I'm not a PVE!
    I just play to the mmorpgs only for PVP (if I want PVE I will play at Skyrim, for the nth time), but what I'm watching is the PVP ending (highest ping and ton's of people that leave AoC).
    It's very bad things for one game that not goes well from time!
    Especially now with the open beta of NWonline and other games that going in F2P, what remains for AoC?
    It seems to play to a private WoW's server, fully of bugs, lags, high ping and low population!

I'm very frustrated about the Funcom decisions through the time, these Norwegians have in hand one game with HIGH and HIGH possibilities, they can destroy the others mmorpg with the lore of Conan, the amazing graphics and the mature/brutal/sexy content of this game! Because the only reasons to play one more time this game, are the last characteristics that I've spoken!

Edited by Arishanya to remove impolite language. Please refer to the Social guidelines before posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 17th May 2013 at 21:25.

In a way, now I am glad I gave up PvP a few months after Bori. Kinda don't have any explicit feeling towards it now, or I'd be raging too.

I learned my lesson and do not play MMO for PvP. Worst PvP there is. Get my rocks off on Savage 2 and TF2.

Just please don't threaten with NWO or ESO or xyz mmo that will suck too, thanks
    Last edited by Invino; 16th May 2013 at 16:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    In a way, now I am glad I gave up PvP a few months after Bori. Kinda don't have any explicit feeling towards it now, or I'd be raging too.

I learned my lesson and do not play MMO for PvP. Worst PvP there is. Get my rocks off on Savage 2 and TF2.

Just please don't threaten with NWO or ESO or xyz mmo that will suck too, thanks
    Agree with you its kind of lame to say i will leave aoc for this or that game.
    This was only mmo i played (had brief trip for gw2) and i played it from start. Pvp was only thing that interest me and honestly if it remains as it is now its not very nice experience for melee.
    I tried ranger and necro and can do fine with them but dont really want to play casters, mele combat system is what drew me and held me to this game.
    I dont know how it is for other players but for me ping is around 200 with jumps up and down. I cant follow movements of other players good this way and dont enjoy doing pvp on melee char as i used to.
    Will aoc die?
    Probably wont, pve will hold it afloat at least for some time, but if it remains like this pvp side of the game will suffer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234