Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AoC... will die?

Default AoC... will die?

It's strange to write this thread few day after my topic about a subscription's information!
    But in this day it's happen one of the most important things: server merge!
    Ton's of people askin' why funcom did this "horrible" change, making unplayable the EU's players, and alot of people had left this game (forgetting the subs) for going to play others game.
    So, my question, my fear, is: AoC will die? I'm very unhappy when I guess the possible closing of AoC. I've played the new games (such as GW2 or NWonline), but no one is like AoC!

I don't see AoC dying, but I do see it staying on life support until some actually smart decisions are made.

The servers have not yet been merged, but they are in the process of moving them over to the US. Yes, initially this will cause some ping issues in the EU region, but it will more than likely be resolved quickly.

The sub deal came far too late, and while I'm glad to see that there is going to be an event, it is far too little of a thing to pull people back in. The deals and events "Should" have been done when they decided to put the game up on Steam.

The playerbase will remain in tact, but that is small portion of what AoC and Funcom need. They need more ways to get money to fund and sustain the game. The mistakes are just causing people to leave...

Re-itemizing the game so there is no gap between new and veteran PvPer's would do wonders for the population. PvErs have been catered to for long enough and the game has suffered for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    Re-itemizing the game so there is no gap between new and veteran PvPer's would do wonders for the population. PvErs have been catered to for long enough and the game has suffered for it.
    Thats not going to help anything.

They need to add PVP sytems to the game and start banning for life these cheaters that have been hacking for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by monk4y View Post
    Thats not going to help anything.

They need to add PVP sytems to the game and start banning for life these cheaters that have been hacking for 5 years.
    Cheaters? You mean like the fabled "AOC buddy"? I've not seen any kind of shenanigans like that in years.

Necro in pet build will rule now agian!!!

AoC die? Please, that arguement pops up here every now and then, and is just as hilarious now as it ever was.

AoC won't die just because FC moved the EU servers across the pond and thus increasing pingtimes. Sure, you'll have people dropping off because of it, but those that stay will merely adapt to the new realities and continue choppin' heads. Until and unless the economic realities change so that AoC isn't cashflow-positive (which it is), yes THEN it might die. But with the plans that has been outlined by Joel, if delivered upon, should hopefully bring a bit more fresh blood into the mix.

Now we just need a severe and to-the-core rebuild of the open-world PvP-part of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Now we just need a severe and to-the-core rebuild of the open-world PvP-part of the game...
    i just love when u pop up

always making sure to mention open world needs to worked on

You cant fix ping iSsue. There is physics and it says there is nothing faster then the speed of light. For that you cant have much better ping then about 100 ms from eu to us. Under ideal circumatances which wont occur in real life. They may fix the bad netcode so laggs and rubberbanding may be solved. But bad ping wont be fixed. If You have ping about 150 and others have 200 you will see porting chars most of the time.

Aoc is not going to die anytime soon.

There will be walls of QQ about EU players being screwed with that servers location change.
    Because let's face it, no one is going to be happy about the vast majority of the player base having its ping tripled.

In the end, it will all come down to Funcom's ability to stabilize the servers.

Even if the ping is higher, if the servers handle the game with more stability and we get significantly less dc and lag spikes, then the trade off might be worth it.

In the other hand, if on top of that much higher latency we don't even get a more stable game, then people might rage quit.

Let's not forget EU players pay like 29% more than US players for the subscription, and that cost imbalance does not even reflect the way Funcom is treating us.

We pay more, we get less, decisions are made in disfavor of EU player base. In the end, what's the point for us EU players ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast