Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Not quite. I am saying that I have had to deal with what you are now complaining about for a while already. I didn't say it was good. Quit raging.
    I have a ranger that I played with my standard 250ms latency and it worked out fine. I killed conqs (pre-revamp) in melee at lvl 25 in Purple Lotus just fine.
    So you are saying that you were able to kill conq with ranger at lvl 25 and everything is fine???
    Ye i suppose casters and rangers will be playable, melee not so much.
    I already said it but i will write it again, i killed pvp 10 conq quite easy(one really good conq i had no chance killing before) with my hox yesterday. He is from Russia and have even worse ping than me, and mine is 160-200.
    So what chance will some good pvper with 250 ms have vs good us pvper with sub 50 ms?
    Last edited by Whalar; 15th May 2013 at 14:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Milnoe View Post
    It looks like this thread goes back to 2009 and has helped with latency issues. Some said it didn't help, can't hurt to try. It requires a windows registry change.

Hopefully this works for you!

http://lifeandcode.net/2009/05/reduc...ge-1/#comments
    That just manipulats packets in TCP, while Conan uses UDP, doubt it does much at all. It probably helps in some games but not AOC I think.

Default The solution

Why can't you make it like other games where they have servers scattered across the world, and you can choose which one you would like to connect to? There could for example be a server in the US, a server in EU and one in Australia, and every time you logged in, you would see a list of servers and their corresponding latency. Then you could be able to choose which server you want to connect to. Characters and accounts could be stored on a main database in the US, and just transferred to whichever server the player wants to connect to. I have seen many games doing it this way, and it works perfectly. Doing this might require a lot of work, but it would certainly be worth it, as latency wouldn't be a problem anymore, and everyone would be able to play with everyone.

Please consider this solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Milnoe View Post
    It looks like this thread goes back to 2009 and has helped with latency issues. Some said it didn't help, can't hurt to try. It requires a windows registry change.

Hopefully this works for you!

http://lifeandcode.net/2009/05/reduc...ge-1/#comments
    Even in a situation where it works, difference is usually minuscule unless something's very wrong. And you can break some things with that kind of tweaks too.

Anyway my in game ping is basically what I get with a ping cmd so nothing I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by norisak View Post
    Why can't you make it like other games where they have servers scattered across the world, and you can choose which one you would like to connect to? There could for example be a server in the US, a server in EU and one in Australia, and every time you logged in, you would see a list of servers and their corresponding latency. Then you could be able to choose which server you want to connect to. Characters and accounts could be stored on a main database in the US, and just transferred to whichever server the player wants to connect to. I have seen many games doing it this way, and it works perfectly. Doing this might require a lot of work, but it would certainly be worth it, as latency wouldn't be a problem anymore, and everyone would be able to play with everyone.

Please consider this solution.
    Yeah, the GW 1 way. But that's expensive, complicated etc. They're never gonna do it.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    So you are saying that you were able to kill conq with ranger at lvl 25 and everything is fine???
    Ye i suppose casters and rangers will be playable, melee not so much....
    If you had read my post. --> I said that as a ranger (squishy ranged DPS) I killed a conq (melee tank) in melee.
    Melee is fine to play with a latency of 200ms or below. I have played melee with >200ms constantly.
    It is not so bad. Go and do some PvP tonight and you will see that you can kill just fine.
    Against a 50ms US PvPer you should have your uber skills to rely on.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

If you had read my post. --> I said that as a ranger (squishy ranged DPS) I killed a conq (melee tank) in melee.
    Melee is fine to play with a latency of 200ms or below. I have played melee with >200ms constantly.
    It is not so bad. Go and do some PvP tonight and you will see that you can kill just fine.
    Yes i read your post, but killing some lowbie at lvl 25 and probably bad conq to top it all is really pointless in this discussion.
    I bet i could kill many bad players maybe even 1v2, but vs equally skilled one i would be at huge disadvantage

LOL... one and no step "combo" isn't "melee".

WTF ...

i cant believe it ...

my old ping was 60 - 90
    after server change 160 - 350
    and now after server down today my ping is minimum 210 and most time far far away from 300 !

WTF is goin on , i cant longer play this game , unplayable ... lags lags lags lags ... unaceptable !!!

funcom you are serious ?

give europe players back europe servers !!!

the most active player in this game life in europe , why the hell change server to us ???

no way funcom NO WAY to play normal this game !

Edited by Arishanya to remove profanity. Please remember profanity (even disguised with *s and 1s) is against the Social Guidelines
    Last edited by Arishanya; 17th May 2013 at 20:40.

Wait I have a better reason to leave North Carolina ...
    ... http://grist.org/news/coal-power-pla...tudy-suggests/

"Coal plants could be linked to thousands of North Carolina suicides"

Please FC ... don't let Conan top himself having to inhale that nasty yank air, when he knows Cimmerians highlands are in Europe and have nice clean air

Location Iceland
    latency before server move to the US 60 to 95
    after the server move lowest 480 highest aprox. 1000

is this something that will change or is this kind of latency something I can expect to be the norm?

some answers would be nice

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast