Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Quote Originally Posted by Huthur View Post
    You can discuss this as much as you want. The impact of higher latency, and that players might be a bit whiny and over the top frustrated.

It does NOT change the fact that this is just another issue (on top on quite a few other issues) that most likely will push a lot of frustrated people over the edge. We've already seen several cases of people taking a break from the game and canceling their sub because of this. And that's just in our guild. We had a decline in raid signups due to the summer approaching already. This did not help one bit. It's not good for the players of AoC (the exception might be US players) or Funcom.

How much do you expect to save on this server move? How much do you loose in income due to people stop playing? Again you show the inability to communicate and plan changes WITH the community. Instead you just partially listen, plan and then execute regardless of the response and feedback. Then you start fighting against the players and the feedback they give, or you simply trying to shut it out completely.

You produce great games, but you take shortcuts on the technical side, causing a lot of problems for players and your self.
    Precisely. I totally agree with is. It's a mess and it's a pity, because AoC is quite unique.

get better internet connection, then you won't feel any lag :P :d I have no problem playing from east of Europe.

I am happy with server merges etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    Why did they have to physically move the EU servers to the US to merge them? If the US servers are, in their words, superior technology, why not move them to the EU?
    The reasoning that was given for the server move to the US was that the hosting facility was better, not necessarily the machines themselves.

The reasoning is the cost issue; for them to improve the EU hosting facility to handle whatever they have planned for single-server or whatever, is prohibitively expensive for whatever reason. That leaves the US facility as the only spot left.

It's a shame for some people ... but I guess they felt they needed to do it.

Which was based on the estimation that the remaining playerbase would keep on playing even moving the servers to US and not diminish more. But the fact is that and more pll will not sub again as the latency is too high to enjoy PVP. So moving the server to US will cost more sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    I had 90-120 ms before. Now i have 210-400ms. Latency is 160-200 when server is emtpy (morning). I am trying to Play bs with this ms. I really regret because of buying 1year subscription. I am gonna leave aoc if it goes like this..

(ps. Please dont write silly comments like : it is playable with +200ms. I am playing this Game since release, i am a veteran pvper (it was before this ms issue) and i know at which ms i can pvp well. Ppl who writes on forums like ' i was doing fine with +200ms at pvp ' they just don't know what real pvp is. Check YouTube I have several videos on there. Now I can lose against an average player who has good ms.) End..
    Agree, combat system was probably the last thing AoC had going vs other mmos. They finally managed to ruin that aswell.
    Kinaputten

Just when I thought they couldnt ruin this game any more (after merging the lagging cheater filled russian servers with english ones, soon after ruining the melee combat) they do this.

What a shame.

Thumbs down

With this latency i will simply quit playing this game. Used to 50-60 latency now i got around 200.Smooth PVP is unplayable now and pvp players from europe just got pissed in the face by Funcom at our 5th anniversary. Thank you.

300 latency is normal for a lot of players in NZ and Australia. It's never been an issue. Lag spikes are the main problem.

Still experiencing these spikes and playing at 300ms is a lot different than the same things at 50ms.
    For those used to play with 50ms it is a visible and feelable downgrade and i fear not everyone will be content to just adapt and relearn the "skill" they achieved over years.

(for me it was always laggy as well and i am used to it, but certain timing and things are simply more random and luck with high latency than others)

Playing from Sweden and it works very well with latency (on various classes).

However, like before merge there are some spikes occuring that I see as a problem. Reducing these and it will be awesome (my opinion).