Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    AoC must not pay for TSW failure.
    Smartest thing I've read today. Makes me believe in this community, and in mankind in general.

Thank you for using your time to make some sense here, instead of doing like so many others who goes for threads like "5 top reason why AoC is the best game evah!" and such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's just people, esp veterans being upset cause this is the first thing we got since 5 months of silence, and it results as a downgrade of gaming experience.
    What about tommorow ? What are the other surprises Funcom are wondering to this game ?

So yea, Funcom must know that many veterans subscribers are now saying "enough". AoC must not pay for TSW failure.
    Amen!
    I think TSW launch should have been delayed by two years as the investment environment was too poor. However, FC was bullish about TSW, and yes it is a good game and idea, but the market demand was not enough.

A 1-2 year focus on porting the developments done for TSW to AoC to increase the life of AoC before releasing TSW would have meant more ppl playing AoC and then more demand for TSW when ppl see the good customer service ppl in AoC received.

Too little, too late, I feel. Bullish bullsh1t. And poor customer service.

But, let's face it, this is still the best low-fantasy MMO.
    I am just worried that we are haemorrhaging PvPers who feel that an EU server was justified. I have played with the latencies they are now moaning about for 3 years but I understand their anger. Similar to McDo telling you that you no longer get the toy with your happy meal, despite paying for it.

My thoughts are that FC saw that the pop is too low for two servers and would rather take PvEers, who are less affected by latency, than the costs of retaining EU-PvP servers.

I think it is a cost versus pop decision, and that, what they are not telling us, scares me a bit.
    Maybe the shareholders have a better view of the necessity of these decisions.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    This is truly a win win for them, that is until they encounter issues like the point of this thread.

If funcom wants, they can do some great things. It comes down to costs. That is the only factor. They have the talent, or the talent can be gotten. But how much would it, will it, costs is the key. If its not worth the return, why bother.
    First of all, i would like to immagine "they" to foresee issues like this before they happen. But if they think they can earn more money by moving the server, let them try. Its a "win, win" in Funcoms best scenario. What i think is, its more of a "loss, win" in the best scenario.

Cost is allways thee factor. But downgrading have been done over a 5 year span, with little to no gain for the game. What will be the next money saving feature?
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

How to kill a game: make it unlikeable
    AFJ still owner of Caelnach
    Jimmies status:
    [ ]Not Rustled
    [x]Rustled

I'll try to keep this short.

I finally got to play AoC after the servers were moved. Surprisingly, my ping isn't all that bad, 135-155 depending on what and where, up from 90-100 pre-move. My problem, though, is that it *feels* like it is a lot more. Gameplay, both PvE and PvP, feels sluggish and slow. Landing combos on moving targets is *a lot* harder, movement is more erratic and harder to predict.

I've spent a lot of my AoC time playing on TestLive, which I believe has always been located in the US. While my ping has been higher there than on the EU servers, it has never really affected my gameplay. It has always felt the same, fast and responsive.

On a positive note, there seem to be less lag spikes now.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    I'll try to keep this short.

I finally got to play AoC after the servers were moved. Surprisingly, my ping isn't all that bad, 135-155 depending on what and where, up from 90-100 pre-move. My problem, though, is that it *feels* like it is a lot more. Gameplay, both PvE and PvP, feels sluggish and slow. Landing combos on moving targets is *a lot* harder, movement is more erratic and harder to predict.
    Thats strange. I have the same ping from norway and i cant feel any delay. Funny to read many of the posts though, everyone suddenly went mental because a ping increase after move. xD look at the brightside:

Game is actually better now. Less spikes, smoother game play, more crowded server to come after merge.
    Last edited by eliteknut; 19th May 2013 at 02:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    my ping isn't all that bad, 135-155 depending on what and where, up from 90-100 pre-move. My problem, though, is that it *feels* like it is a lot more.
    I think that could be a trick of the mind. A difference of 30ms in an MMO won't actually give any visual delay.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by clenghat View Post
    But downgrading have been done over a 5 year span
    exactly, theyve made it a niche game, instead of having diversity to appeal to many peeps, they are kinda taking russian pvpers out of the market imo

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    I think that could be a trick of the mind. A difference of 30ms in an MMO won't actually give any visual delay.
    Dont know where you got 30ms from, but what he wrote was a difference of 50ms.

And you cant dismiss his experience as a trick of the mind. Dont forget that everyone have that ping, at best, and yes you would see people stuttering, and unpredictable flying around, and the game will feel "sluggish".
    ClengisKhan

Barbb, Serapha, Yatzi, Pallehysa, Bagpipe

It is noticeable anyway. It's simple, you have many sources of latency in your computer (GPU, mouse & monitor are big ones) which is why 100ms ping is actually noticeable (because if you add up the other sources of latency you easily get something higher than the human reaction time, even on a VERY super good PC). So 20-30ms above 100ms is definitely noticeable, and when you start perceiving latency even small increases will be noticeable (more and more as you go up, in a kind of exponential way).

Anyway like Icoyce, if I look at numbers my latency increase IS minor, but in gameplay it is simply night and day - have to say this has usually been my experience with cross Atlantic gaming though, but other games I've played on NY servers were fast FPSes not MMOs so the comparison is probably not very good.

But it might also be that this game has some severe netcode issues that could be worked on Not just rubberbanding and prediction errors, but also the perceived delay with abilities and combos. Even with 120ms everything feels horribly delayed, like playing Quake with 200ms :/
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.