Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom plz tell why Most players have unaceptable pings

Exclamation

-edited by Grizzly-

1.) For one thing, you should remember that you, as an individual, will do nothing by posting here that "you will quit" if they don't return to EU or something to that effect. Quit now. Just quit. Vote with your wallet.

2.) Even that won't change a thing, though, at least in this case. The server merge NEEDED to happen, and for technological reasons, it had to be located in the US, because the available superior data center Funcom had access to was there. This is not to say none of that caliber can be found in EU in general. It just means, of all the choices/options that Funcom had at its disposal, the best option available to them (with constraints such as location (proximity), support, cost) was in the US.

3.) Therefore, you quitting, or more appropriately, you threatening to quit will absolutely have no effect. I'm sorry, did that hurt your feelings? -edited by Grizzly- I'm sorry your felings are hurt because you actually thought you were special and important and not just a statistic in a business ledger. But you ARE just a statistic in Funcom's business ledger. They are the ones who have the activity logs and the subscriber data, they have actual numbers upon which to base a decision (do X instead of Y, or transfer to US instead of EU). All you have, in comparison, is a rough "feel" and guesses that you pulled out of the air -edited by Grizzly-. Which one is more valid, a decision based on actual data regarding active players, subscribers and income statements, or a suggestion made from "feelings"? That's a trick question, because one of those is valid, while the other one is completely invalid and based on delusion (sorry if that hurt your feelings again).

4.) You don't like the game anymore? Tough! Is this a surprise to you? Welcome to the world of MMOs. MMOs always evolve, and the old adage "you can't please everybody all of the time" comes to mind. There is absolutely zero chance that Funcom or any developer can evolve a game in a way that pleases absolutely 100% of their existing client base. We still even have people clamoring for some old 1.xx version, and some that just disagree with a latest patch, and some who are fine with them. Point? Whatever Funcom does, they already know someone, somewhere is going to complain, and they accept that (just like any other developer or business or corporation). Their goal is not to please a % of the current base. Their goal is to be profitable, and if this means trading the old customer base for a newer base of players that are easier to please and will spend more/buy more, you better believe they'll drop you like a hot potato (otherwise, they are silly -edited by Grizzly- and shouldn't be running a business). And how can they be reasonably certain which action to take when they have to make a decision? Simple. They have lots and lots of logs and figures - actual data. Which, if you were unfamiliar with how the real world works, especially business, is how businesses in general make a rational decision - by examining and analyzing data.

5.) I know most of you aren't rocket scientists, but I hoped you didn't have to be reminded about this, but it seems a lot of you need this reminder, so here goes:
    5.a) Funcom actually has data at hand (# of players, # of F2P, # of subscribers, # of those who re-sub per month, # of those who do not re-sub, daily, weekly, monthly statistics, etc).
    5.b) You don't have this data. So when you post here whining that "100" or "1000" or "over 9000!!!!" players are quitting because of this issue you don't like, Funcom can take one look at their logs and ledgers and charts and reports, and see that you are completely wrong.
    5.c) Moral of the story: Don't invent figures out of thin air to try to make a point. If you have to resort to inventing figures out of thin air in order to make a point, then your point has no merit at all. And if you actually believe Funcom will believe the "figures" you just pulled out of thin air -edited by Grizzly-, then you are delusional and your feelings deserve to be hurt in order to possibly shock you back to reality.

That is all. This has been a Public Service Announcement brought to you by the Association of Rational Mature AOC Players (ARM-AOCP). For more info about ARM-AOCP, please visit our up and coming website (details and more info to be disseminated at a later date).

We now return you to our regular programming.

(Coming up next, another bunch of posters who will claim hundreds, thousands, or"over 9000!" will quit or are quitting or are in the middle of rage-quitting and will foretell the doom of AoC/Funcom despite not having access to actual data that Funcom already has.)
    Last edited by Arishanya; 17th May 2013 at 15:05.

this just proves Funcom doesnt care about players just cares money tho they lose more money by doing this :P
    Spunqe's SuperStream!

Association of Rational Mature AOC Players (ARM-AOCP)

Invite plx! gogo

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    You may have missed the explanation from Joel.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=106
    Thx 4 info.

So it is a cost issue again (you could have upgraded the EU server farm instead). However, cost saving might negatively impact FC's p&l if too many people quite because of bad ping.

But I guess it's now a case of don't cry over spilt milk

Quote Originally Posted by aocjv View Post
    Even that won't change a thing, though, at least in this case. The server merge NEEDED to happen, and for financial reasons, it had to be located in the US, because their TSW server farm was running way beneath expected load.
    There, fixed it for you.

I should also point out that Funcom made decisions based on data before, which did not turn out to be in the game's best interest. Just sayin' ...

And in any case, EU players are now getting a downgraded product for the same price, so it's no wonder that they are complaining. Even if their complaints are not going to fix things.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 17th May 2013 at 11:51.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

[...]
    you are definitely right!!! a bit harsh post maybe, but you got the point...

that said, i'm not happy that crom was moved to the us (), but the game seems to be still playable for me, so i'll stick around for some time more....
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Just wonder if merging servers will affect 'server populate' how people thinking - more people more fun, why? People will leave from east europe and asia because bad pings and for europe players it will be negative.
    Same time u can expect to have more players from US to play but is it a true?
    EU prime time is 18-24 CET what mean -6h for US so its 12-18 in US.
    US prime time is 18-24 what mean +6h for EU so its is 24-06 CET.
    So servers will be more populated because more players after marge? Maybe. Is it affect players on prime time? Not really, because some people will leave and timezone difference wont make server more populate except for people playing not on prime time.

EU asked for one-server-tech-EU to populate raids/grouping/minigames and we get one-US-server without any other option.
    Nobody asked for merge with US because everyone with some online game experience knows about pings problem - EU players (crom + mitra + fury + rage) will have nice population on one EU server.
    I dont expect US players with different timezone will give EU anything and same time i get +60 for pings.
    After 5years of AoC, FunCom closed last EU server.
    About saving money in that way - its not XX century where servers with proper connection was something expensive...[/quote]

4.) You don't like the game anymore? Tough! Is this a surprise to you? Welcome to the world of MMOs. MMOs always evolve, and the old adage "you can't please everybody all of the time" comes to mind. There is absolutely zero chance that Funcom or any developer can evolve a game in a way that pleases absolutely 100% of their existing client base.
    The part i quote troubles me since this server move isn't a standard change. I can understand the game mechanics changing, and everything but the issue has more to do with playability rather than adaptation. The game hasn't changed it is just far less playable for everyone living in eastern europe.

A game evolves at a slow pace. You can test it months before on test-live, it is planned and announced, you have a rough view of what is coming in the future and thus can decide to adapt your subscription accordingly. This change was announced and done on a short notice and deeply damages game experience for some and i doubt those who went for year subs will be refunded as for them game went from enjoyable to painful in the length of a month.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

-edited by Grizzly-

1.) For one thing, you should remember that you, as an individual, will do nothing by posting here that "you will quit" if they don't return to EU or something to that effect. Quit now. Just quit. Vote with your wallet.

2.) Even that won't change a thing, though, at least in this case. The server merge NEEDED to happen, and for technological reasons, it had to be located in the US, because the available superior data center Funcom had access to was there. This is not to say none of that caliber can be found in EU in general. It just means, of all the choices/options that Funcom had at its disposal, the best option available to them (with constraints such as location (proximity), support, cost) was in the US.

3.) Therefore, you quitting, or more appropriately, you threatening to quit will absolutely have no effect. I'm sorry, did that hurt your feelings? -edited by Grizzly- I'm sorry your felings are hurt because you actually thought you were special and important and not just a statistic in a business ledger. But you ARE just a statistic in Funcom's business ledger. They are the ones who have the activity logs and the subscriber data, they have actual numbers upon which to base a decision (do X instead of Y, or transfer to US instead of EU). All you have, in comparison, is a rough "feel" and [B]guesses that you pulled out of the air -edited by Grizzly-. Which one is more valid, a decision based on actual data regarding active players, subscribers and income statements, or a suggestion made from "feelings"? That's a trick question, because one of those is valid, while the other one is completely invalid and based on delusion (sorry if that hurt your feelings again).

4.) You don't like the game anymore? Tough! Is this a surprise to you? Welcome to the world of MMOs. MMOs always evolve, and the old adage "you can't please everybody all of the time" comes to mind. There is absolutely zero chance that Funcom or any developer can evolve a game in a way that pleases absolutely 100% of their existing client base. We still even have people clamoring for some old 1.xx version, and some that just disagree with a latest patch, and some who are fine with them. Point? Whatever Funcom does, they already know someone, somewhere is going to complain, and they accept that (just like any other developer or business or corporation). Their goal is not to please a % of the current base. Their goal is to be profitable, and if this means trading the old customer base for a newer base of players that are easier to please and will spend more/buy more, you better believe they'll drop you like a hot potato (otherwise, they are silly -edited by Grizzly- and shouldn't be running a business). And how can they be reasonably certain which action to take when they have to make a decision? Simple. They have lots and lots of logs and figures - actual data. Which, if you were unfamiliar with how the real world works, especially business, is how businesses in general make a rational decision - by examining and analyzing data.

5.) I know most of you aren't rocket scientists, but I hoped you didn't have to be reminded about this, but it seems a lot of you need this reminder, so here goes:
    5.a) Funcom actually has data at hand (# of players, # of F2P, # of subscribers, # of those who re-sub per month, # of those who do not re-sub, daily, weekly, monthly statistics, etc).
    5.b) You don't have this data. So when you post here whining that "100" or "1000" or "over 9000!!!!" players are quitting because of this issue you don't like, Funcom can take one look at their logs and ledgers and charts and reports, and see that you are completely wrong.
    5.c) Moral of the story: Don't invent figures out of thin air to try to make a point. If you have to resort to inventing figures out of thin air in order to make a point, then your point has no merit at all. And if you actually believe Funcom will believe the "figures" you just pulled out of thin air -edited by Grizzly-, then you are delusional and your feelings deserve to be hurt in order to possibly shock you back to reality.

That is all. This has been a Public Service Announcement brought to you by the Association of Rational Mature AOC Players (ARM-AOCP). For more info about ARM-AOCP, please visit our up and coming website (details and more info to be disseminated at a later date).

We now return you to our regular programming.

(Coming up next, another bunch of posters who will claim hundreds, thousands, or"over 9000!" will quit or are quitting or are in the middle of rage-quitting and will foretell the doom of AoC/Funcom despite not having access to actual data that Funcom already has.)
    1. People are quitting. Unless you think that hundreds of posts here are lying, for whatever reason.
    2. "Technology reasons" is not a good enough reason for existing customers to settle with their new ping. They won't pay.
    3. People quitting will affect everything. Without customers, a business does not exist. Cash flow will be affected. How much, time will tell.
    4. Pretty sure nobody here said they don't like the game... I'm taking a wild guess here, I'm thinking most people here like this game.
    5a) no way, really? Can their data show us the future too?
    b)No we don't, but we can make estimates, or ask for the data.
    c)They are not guessing, they are estimating, based on information they receive, whatever and however they get it. From guilds, players and the forums. Have you been reading the forums???

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    1. People are quitting. Unless you think that hundreds of posts here are lying
    ...hundreds of posts of the same 15-20 people at best