Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rift Going F2P

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    Is that the one with bouncing boobs elves?
    If you focus on the bouncing boobs hard enough, you might be able to not notice the pointy ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    you did not answer the "bouncing" thingy...
    I was thinking of Tera as it seems.

So that Rift has stuff that works? How very boring, what would we talk on forums about? I play Warframe a bit, and it works, which just makes me not want to visit the forum at all.

Rift has 4 classes, and mechanics for subclasses are extremely similar to each other. People must be growing bored of it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FerretLord View Post
    Rift has 4 classes, and mechanics for subclasses are extremely similar to each other. People must be growing bored of it fast.
    That's one of the things that killed the game for me. Plus, one would think that a game that has the level of customization possible within any given class would be open if people want to experiment and find their own playstyle/build. But alas, no. If you think the pidgeonholing when it comes to class-builds is bad here in AoC, trust me, it's FAR worse over there.

Then again, I've never bothered to listen to those that say that I have to play my toons in one specific way, heh.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Only played it in beta as well. My main complaints was that it was aimed squarely at a much younger audience than I belong to and the completely linear, lead you by the hand progression.

As someone who has done large scale, highly involved raids in EQ for over a decade the zerg factor of the open world encounters was a huge turnoff to me. Crushing the mob from the sheer weight of our corpses... I can't deny though that many of the people who were there had the time of their lives.

The zerg may be different later on in the game. I never made it that far.

Was not a fan of the *flat* textures they use so much either. Like a plowed field that's actually perfectly flat instead of having raised rows or a pile of rocks that are perfectly flat and smooth instead of uneven. I know it's for performance reasons but it's an immediate immersion kill for me.

I do intend to try it when it goes ftp to see what's what now. Need to hit TERA too. Was always interested in the combat system there. Been trying out Path of Exile which is in open beta atm. If you miss Diablo at all PoE is a very good facsimile.

GW2 and TSW both have boob bounce though it's a bit more realistic, and thus less noticeable, in TSW. It's very pronounced in GW2 even in plate mail. They do know their audience.

In preparation for Rift going free to play I installed the current Lite, free trial version and messed around with it for a bit. Played a warrior to level 10.

I feel like I'm missing something very fundamental about the combat system cause if not that global cooldown is pretty much the most annoying thing ever and prevents me from getting into the game at all. It's almost like turn based combat. I don't remember it being that pronounced in beta.

The graphics and animations aren't as good as I remember either but I could live with that if not for the attack, wait, attack, wait, attack, wait combat.

Open to suggestions for improving the feel of the combat if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    In preparation for Rift going free to play I installed the current Lite, free trial version and messed around with it for a bit. Played a warrior to level 10.

I feel like I'm missing something very fundamental about the combat system cause if not that global cooldown is pretty much the most annoying thing ever and prevents me from getting into the game at all. It's almost like turn based combat. I don't remember it being that pronounced in beta.

The graphics and animations aren't as good as I remember either but I could live with that if not for the attack, wait, attack, wait, attack, wait combat.

Open to suggestions for improving the feel of the combat if possible.
    One thing about Rift that I'm meh about is how prevalent macros are.

However, the amount of content released by Trion consistently is staggering compared to Funcom and AoC.

I tried Rift beta. Leveled few levels and it was over for me.

I can only play Tera or AoC, others are just too simple with their combat...

What Rift has going for it is top notch customer service and support by Trion.

It is a good game, albeit not very unique. probably one of the most polished games launched, but again, nothing that really pulls you in past the world events, and those grow tiresome after awhile. I played to a level 43 at launch, but just one day lost interest. I have tried it a couple of times since, but still...Meh.

F2P is good though. I just wish AoC had a real F2P model rather than Free to Trial model. AoC is clearly the best MMO out there for mature audiences (although Global chat hardly seems "Mature" )

The problem with AoC is that after a few weeks, its the same old "what do I do now?" question.

The biggest difference from AoC to those other MMO's I have tried, is...I keep coming back, even after I have asked the above question. I don't know why, but I keep coming back...

Tried a rogue in Rift, almost level 10 now, and have to say that it is worlds better. I can't help but feel I'm missing something on the warrior. I try to play it and my reaction is "This can't be right."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast