Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rift Going F2P

I'll keep it short.

Screw Rift, play AOC. Chuck Norris does!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    Tried a rogue in Rift, almost level 10 now, and have to say that it is worlds better. I can't help but feel I'm missing something on the warrior. I try to play it and my reaction is "This can't be right."
    Rogue has lower global cooldown than warrior. I think on warrior it's 1.5s and rogue got 1s. Tbh. I found playing Warrior boring as well. I choosed Mage because of variety of roles and playstyles but rogue is nice as well.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Rogue has great ranged attacks, a pet and the stealth mechanic as well. Adds a lot to the overall experience.

Granted level 10 is probably way too soon to be judging. I can't see myself playing a warrior to max level though no matter what potential they might have later on.

I preordered rift, and at launch literally played about 35 minutes and quit.

Game is your generic fantasy mmo with a few unique gimmicks like the rifts. The defiance is the horde, the order is the alliance, and they always unite to defeat their common enemy like with the horde and alliance in WoW. Yawn. Same old generic garbage.

only good thing about rift is their f2p formula and how you have access to almost every piece of content.

I just think it's too "WoWy" so to speak. As other posters have stated it, it's pretty much your generic fantasy mmo.

Money at least for me, isn't a problem. I don't have any children and I'm not married. I don't play a game based on whether it's F2P, P2P, B2P, etc. I don't mind spending extra money for a quality game. However, I know others aren't in my circumstances.

I think AoC would benefit greatly if they used the F2P model RIFT has, or the B2P model TSW has. The problem is, they would need to consistently add new items to the item shop and/or come out with bi-monthly content packs.
    Last edited by bladester22; 12th July 2013 at 20:11.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123