Thread: Latency for the moved EU server - post your ping

120-140 ms
    Switzerland

Been playing on US servers for years.
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

playing under 300ms is fine. I myself play at 340ms average, and that is playable. Not so good for melee pvp, but I play my ToS in PVP fine with 340ms.

The way I see things, having a whole bunch of people suddenly play on avg 160ms latency doesn't even level the playfield for those playing around 300ms. You still have a significant advantage on melee toons in PVP if you're around 160ms compared to everyone in Australia playing over 250ms - 350ms.

i doubt that funcom can improve the latency since it means that funcom have to move the servers back to eurozone (to a proper host) or get some rope and pull the north-america continent closer to europe to shorten the distance.

it not getting any better for us europeans while the servers are in the US.

How many are playing from australia? And plying a tos with 340 isnt that hard when your damage is all aoe.

Germany, Hamburg
    old: 80-100
    now: 120-150

*thumbs up*
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

tbh i dont see much diference - used to be around 80 after move to norway and now is like 130+ and again i see totally now diference plus zero lag spikes

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    tbh i dont see much diference - used to be around 80 after move to norway and now is like 130+ and again i see totally now diference plus zero lag spikes
    Well for me the ping got balanced now, its from 120 to 150. I guess that can be ok.

Thumbs down another wrong move?

150-170 ping

Sometimes I see ppl "teleporting" when they run cause of high ping.

Never had lag nor high ping before.

I'm afraid of this.. PvP will suffer for sure.

I hate anything over 110ms ping. Used to get me killed on US servers in Savage 1 & 2 so I know how much it sucks for PvP.

Edited by Arishanya. Please adhere to the Social Guidelines when posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 14th May 2013 at 14:20.

Before:stable 90-110.Now:160 with spikes to 200-210 ms here,not in prime time.Playable ?Yes.Annoying as hell ?Yes too.If it did not spike it would not be as annoying.And i imagine it ll get worse with merges when servers get actually a bit more populated.

i play this to have fun..not to be annoyed by a lag spike every 10-20 seconds.You see the Eu community is very frustrated with this change...

Edited by Arishanya Discussing account status and questioning moderation is not permitted on these forums. Please adhere to the Social Guidelines when posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 14th May 2013 at 18:21.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast