Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Latency for the moved EU server - post your ping

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Yeah sure you can get used to it and rely on aoe abilities etc. But is it fun? Is the same as with a low ping? no, it's different, it's annoying, it's limiting you and against COMPETENT players with a low ping you get crushed anyway. Did you ever beat Surgery, Spunqe, Delred or any other competent Euro sin with that ping? All these guys have a sub 100 ping btw^^ (sub 60
    I managed to win 1 or 2 duels against spunq with 110-150ms ( best sin I have seen so far) as I said below 150ms it is playable. +150 is problem for veteran pvpers.

From other side it will be fine to play at equal conditions against players who lives in Norway . Lucky Us players

Lets wait 1-2 weeks.then see what happens..
    ( if I had +160ms I will also leave aoc)

It's so fun watching guys from PvE servers telling everyone it's ok.

If Player-A has 60ms and Player-B has 70ms the total latency between them is not 60 or 70 ms. It is 130ms cause every move has to be delivered from each player to the server and then to another player. But if you do solo PvE it's still 60/70ms since no other players are involved and you need to react to mob's actions only. Now if US Player-A has 60ms and EU Player-B has 200ms the total latency is 260ms which will cause one of them lag as hell on another's screen (watch the youtube video posted above). So brace yourselves - that's what gonna happen after the US-EU merge.

PvE will still be fine I suppose since there're no encounters that require instant reaction from players, so even 300ms would be fine and playable.

P.S. Specially for all those "US players who used to play on EU" (and Australians as well). If you had 250ms and average EU player had 50ms that was a total of 300ms in a PvP fight. In that case that was YOU who was lagging on their screens. Now average EU player has 150ms which makes it the same 300ms in total for EVERYONE which in its turn means that everyone lags on everyone's screen (watch the video posted above again). And that's a TOTALLY different deal.
    Last edited by Cromathaar; 14th May 2013 at 11:43.

Ping from Moscow,

On EU was - 30-50 ms

Nowdays - 140-160 ms

Couldnt say its too bad for me, but in general if u play with community where alot ppl will have 200+ ms it will be horrible. Also im not sure this move worthy if half of playbase quit due to ping issues :/
    Cripples gonna cripple

I agree Fsen, anything above 150-180 ms is a deal breaker.

Edited by Arishanya. Please adhere to the Social Guidelines when posting.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 14th May 2013 at 14:20.

People are correct to believe average PING/LATENCY will not improve significantly even if Funcom make code optimizations. They may be able to fix lag spikes however.

The only way for Funcom to reduce ping is to deploy servers geographically. If they were to do it smart they could still maintain "single server tech" by simply allowing players to choose which INSTANCE they would like, if they made instances geographically separated.

This would allow players to play on the same instance if they really wanted to, yet have the benefit of lower ping by giving them the choice to join each others instance (which just like secret world can happen automatically by people joining the "group leader" or "raid leaders" instance automatically).

With 5-6 servers strategically colocated globally, they could easily have 95% of the population playing under 90ms ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    People are correct to believe average PING/LATENCY will not improve significantly even if Funcom make code optimizations. They may be able to fix lag spikes however.

The only way for Funcom to reduce ping is to deploy servers geographically. If they were to do it smart they could still maintain "single server tech" by simply allowing players to choose which INSTANCE they would like, if they made instances geographically separated.

This would allow players to play on the same instance if they really wanted to, yet have the benefit of lower ping by giving them the choice to join each others instance (which just like secret world can happen automatically by people joining the "group leader" or "raid leaders" instance automatically).

With 5-6 servers strategically colocated globally, they could easily have 95% of the population playing under 90ms ping.
    Yes, the GW1 way Might be expensive and unrealistic for FC though :/ But by the gods would it be great... Basically giving you the choice of playing on Eu or US grounds (and possibly more locations if there are enough customers from more distant areas).
    Last edited by kalston; 14th May 2013 at 11:48.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Thumbs down

200 ms now and i checked it in the morning hours when nobody is online....Just great -.-

I had 60+ before from Serbia.

Funcom unless you have some awesome idea on how to ''fix'' this i must say it was a stupid move to relocate & possibly ruin game play experience for majority of players because we do all know that EU servers are/were more populated then US. That's why some Americans rolled EU accounts.

Sigh....

Well despite I already start to complain I log this morning played some minies and...

I had about 120 ms (Prague Czech Republic, fiber conection) and it was very playable at least on HoX and I hope it will get even better
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Moscow, Russia.
    Before 70-85 Khemi
    After
    8 GMT 156-191 Khemi
    12 GMT 256-411 Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I mean, are US servers that bad skill wise that people with 200-300 ping do fine? Those guys are free kills on Fury, even with ranged classes lol
    Well indeed I have never seen really decent player from some instant location. What more... I start to think that moving servers to US is kind of handicap for EU PvPers so those US can be remotely competetiv and not totaly shocked when Night Watch´s or Law´s premade jump on them
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast