Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Latency for the moved EU server - post your ping

Before: 60-70ms
    Now: 150-300

Very unstable latency and Minigames just suck like that
    An official message concerning these problems would be very much appreciated.

It's been said already by one mod and I'll say it again.

Keep the posts in line with the Social Guidelines.

Quit posts will be removed as they are against the forum rules.

Flaming/Trolling is not allowed.

State your frustrations, just do so in a civilized manner.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    State your frustrations, just do so in a civilized manner.
    Don't know if I should laugh or cry. State your frustrations

This is a /dev/null thread, not like funcom can do anything about the bonus latency everyone is getting (except move servers back, but I don't see that happening).

I requested a change in hitbox to compensate for bonus latency added, thread was locked up pretty fast.
    "State your frustrations, just do so in a civilized manner." - Arishanya Head Moderator

Tried 2 minis now with DT:
    300-400 ms in LT and combat
    best value was 170 ms, 200ms+ in average

now would be a good time to do something about exploits and the game engine flaws (synchronizing, hitboxes, jumping etc.)!

@Sacerdo: Bonus latency Do you work in marketing?
    But even there as a positive note...less freezelags (now i can move one or two steps when focused instead of waking up dead or crashing, yay!)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th May 2013 at 14:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacerdo View Post
    not like funcom can do anything about the bonus latency everyone is getting
    Well, that mostly true. You can't "fix the ping back" by debugging code lines. Servers are in the US, there's a physical distance you can't magically reduce. Increasing distance = increasing ping, it's just a physical reality. However, Funcom might be able to fix lag spike, but not really the base latency. Well they might improved a bit with newer server or maybe software wise, but nothing that can't overcome the increase brought by the servers move, we agree.

Actually I don't really mind playing with an increased ping, as long as it's doesn't go higher than 150/180. Higher than that, it becomes to be really noticeable and really annoying, with a game visibly less smooth and also harder to play

Hurting a bunch a paying customer with 300+ ping is definitely not a good idea, even when you don't have that much choice I guess. (not my case, my ping it's acceptable but I understand those who complain)

And I seriously don't want to hear that "I have been playing with 300+ ping since day one I'm doing fine, stop QQ, whiners" cr*p. They just don't understand how less enjoyable it is. It's like living all you life with a slight myopia (or with glasses not strong enough) say you're doing fine, and people that have broken their glasses are just a bunch a whiner. The truth is, when you have proper glasses, you see that it is MUCH better, and you don't want to remove them or to get back to the "not strong enough" ones because it's a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Hurting a bunch a paying customer with 300+ ping is definitely not a good idea, even when you don't have that much choice I guess. (not my case, my ping it's acceptable but I understand those who complain)
    Problem is, and this will come as a shock to many from US when they finally merge servers. It doesn't help if you have acceptable ping, because when you are in the same minigame as the russians you might have a combined latency between you of 500ms, pvp will be a joke with everyone porting around the map all the time.
    "State your frustrations, just do so in a civilized manner." - Arishanya Head Moderator

Was: 60-80
    Now: 150-190

Russia
    Last edited by Cromathaar; 14th May 2013 at 14:51.

I've played quite a bit today and to be honest this is really bad and rude towards European customers (aka the majority of players on this game). And I only have 120-150 ms... Most people have more than me and I can tell : they are slow, can't avoid my hits or double tap my kbs. Many from Eastern Europe and Russia are heavily crippled in pvp, I can avoid almost 100% of their hits moving around while still hitting them fairly easily. Barbs can only hit me DW bone shatter lol (aoe combo as a reminder)

I've duelled people that I'm used to play against so this not anecdotal irrelevant evidence.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Before: 90-110 ms
    Now: 160-250 ms

thx Funcom
    /facepalm
    Last edited by Prett; 14th May 2013 at 14:56.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast