Thread: can anyone give be a breakdown of these classes?

Default can anyone give be a breakdown of these classes?

Ok so I am gravitating toward a few classes, but only having two character slots, I would like to have a good idea before hand before creating my first character.

These are the handful of classes that appeal to me the most, if you could please give me a breakdown of the class and what they are good at (pvp, pve, solo/leveling, etc) that would be a great help!

Dark Templar
    Assassin
    Demonologist
    Necromancer
    Herald of Xotli
    Tempest of Set
    Priest of Mitra

*edit*
    I tend to gravitate towards casters in most classes but the melee is so unique in this game it might also be worth trying out.

To help you we probibly need a bit more information to what you prefer to play. For instance..

Do you like to tank/support/heal/dps?
    Do you prefer ranged attacks or up close attacks?
    Do you prefer having survivability or max dmg?

Untill we know what you like we can only tell you this About your classes you listed..

Pure casters = Demonologist, Necromancer, Tempest of Set, Priest of Mitra.

Dark Templar = Mainly mele tank class with lots of magic procs and few spells.

Assassin = Mostly mele class with few magic procs, least use of magic of any clas on your list.

Herald of Xotli = Even hybrid of magic and mele using many mele combos in conjuction with many magic dmg spells and debuffs.

There is no class that is better than another, they are all unique in ther own way. You will probibly end up playing all of them at one point, most of us did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    To help you we probibly need a bit more information to what you prefer to play. For instance..

Do you like to tank/support/heal/dps?
    Do you prefer ranged attacks or up close attacks?
    Do you prefer having survivability or max dmg?

Untill we know what you like we can only tell you this About your classes you listed..

Pure casters = Demonologist, Necromancer, Tempest of Set, Priest of Mitra.

Dark Templar = Mainly mele tank class with lots of magic procs and few spells.

Assassin = Mostly mele class with few magic procs, least use of magic of any clas on your list.

Herald of Xotli = Even hybrid of magic and mele using many mele combos in conjuction with many magic dmg spells and debuffs.

There is no class that is better than another, they are all unique in ther own way. You will probibly end up playing all of them at one point, most of us did lol.
    I tend to gravitate to either DPS or healing in the games I have played in the past, more DPS then heals though.

And I tend to gravitate towards caster classes then melee, but like i said in my first post, the melee in this game might be worth looking into, especially if it intertwines magic with it like the HoX/DT.

I know its the game-that-shouldnt-be-named, but in WoW I gravitated towards a mage and holy pally for my main classes...

Quote Originally Posted by The-Fractured View Post
    I tend to gravitate to either DPS or healing in the games I have played in the past, more DPS then heals though.

And I tend to gravitate towards caster classes then melee, but like i said in my first post, the melee in this game might be worth looking into, especially if it intertwines magic with it like the HoX/DT.

I know its the game-that-shouldnt-be-named, but in WoW I gravitated towards a mage and holy pally for my main classes...
    Sounds like Tempest of Set is a nice fit for you, its a caster/healer class that can be both ranged or upclose aoe dps (one of the best dps classes in the game). Also its probibly the most desireable healer classes to have in a group considering the buffs they provide along with potential to do best damage for healer. The Priest of Mitra is also a nice choice, but falls short to Tempest of set when it comes to dps.

Play HoX or DT, they are both unique classes.

Ok so I am gravitating toward a few classes, but only having two character slots, I would like to have a good idea before hand before creating my first character.

These are the handful of classes that appeal to me the most, if you could please give me a breakdown of the class and what they are good at (pvp, pve, solo/leveling, etc) that would be a great help!

Dark Templar
    Assassin
    Demonologist
    Necromancer
    Herald of Xotli
    Tempest of Set
    Priest of Mitra

*edit*
    I tend to gravitate towards casters in most classes but the melee is so unique in this game it might also be worth trying out.

IMO choose a tank and a healer.

for tank i recommend conq, its such a fun class and very versatile with alot of different builds you can choose. It also does not need godly gear to be effective like some classes

for healer i say Bear shammy ( if you like melle ) or pom if you like casters, Bear is less dependent on gear like the pom is but both are very strong once in good gear.

Necro is a very easy class to play and needs not much gear to be effective, if you like caster type classes i would recommend it

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Play HoX or DT, they are both unique classes.
    This... play both
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Dark Templar
    Assassin
    Demonologist
    Necromancer
    Herald of Xotli
    Tempest of Set
    Priest of Mitra

*edit*
    Dark Templar:
    - versatile feat tree allowing for many combintions as well as many gear combination options
    - relies both on physical combos and magic damage procs (single target and aoe) from "auras" and "feats", few active spells
    - can feat health, mana and stamina leech for combos and magic procs
    - the abilities, covenants and auras allow for different approaches on fights (for example change from retributive aura to an aoe dps aura, or from health leech to stamina leech)
    - can be feated from dps talisman to sword and shield juggernaut (did i mention it is a versatile class?)

Assasin:
    - squishy mainly single target dps
    - dagger and dagger playstyle, cloth armor only
    - lots of cc choices that have to be feated as well as "quasi-bubbles" that can proc or have to be feated too
    - many quick combos, but very lag-sensitive and dies fast if focused

Demonologist:
    - choose between fire and electricity
    - ranged ccs, instant spells, speed buff
    - ranged aoe that can be targetted on ground (artillery)
    - can kill minions with a spell

Necromancer:
    - weak direct spells (even if fully feated for dps) compared to demonologist
    - has strong and log lasting dots
    - can summon pets (or if feated, exchange pets for more direct magic damage)
    - can kill minions with a spell

Herald of Xotli:
    - melee mage with a sword and a demon inside
    - many SLOW combos, some aoe combos, can kill minions with a combo
    - fire focused, similar to DT in terms of managing magic damage and physical damage (gear and featwise)
    - can self-ressurect
    - aoe root cc, fire based dots and buffs

Tempest of Set:
    - aoe melee healer or electric ranged caster
    - has self-ressurection, if feated
    - some group buffs if feated as well as some "bubbles"
    - has to watch aggro and mana
    - aoe root cc, ranged stun cc

Priest of Mitra:
    - healer (gearwise ToS and PoM are VERY similar in what they use and need)
    - aoe cc, fear cc, stun cc (all gained by levelling)
    - bubbles and buffs (all gained by levelling)
    - only class that can cast "holy" damage spells

I probably missed out a lot that is important for others, so this is just a quick brainstorming.

Maybe f2p players don't look there a lot, especially if not able to post a single question there?

Nice sticky though