Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG EVENT in Conan on MAY 23 [Title edit Drest]

This anniversary event is the best I ever attend in AoC (I missed the first two, though). It's actually pretty awesome to see people communicate, gather and happily slay boss in the joy (and in the lag).

Plus, reward can be pretty good for gearing up a bit the alts/reroll, or fresh 80, even I personally didn't have many luck... yet.

I said thanks, it's kinda awesome so far.

Edit : Quick question though. Event is supposed to last 5 day. But when will it close exactly ? Right after monday, like at midnight/Thursday 00:01 AM ? I ask because I play with on Crom EU with a slightly different timezone here. (-6 same as the few US, Canadian and Brazilian playing on Crom I think). It would make me sad panda if I'm too late to see the last boss, coming back from work tomorrow. However, if it's midnight "server time", then it's quite cool.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 27th May 2013 at 03:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    This anniversary event is the best I ever attend in AoC (I missed the first two, though). It's actually pretty awesome to see people communicate, gather and happily slay boss in the joy (and in the lag).

Plus, reward can be pretty good for gearing up a bit the alts/reroll, or fresh 80, even I personally didn't have many luck... yet.
    I agree, it's great. The rewards are... negligible for my characters by now, but that doesn't stop it from being fun. I even created some new toons just to be able to loot something I didn't have already. Spent hours hunting down bosses... not really a productive or time efficient activity, but great to see so many players in one spot, working on a single purpose. It's like a horde of unwashed barbarians rushing in to rip apart whatever they see. No leaders, no tactics, no mercy - just hitting something as hard as you can as long as you can until it drops. THAT is what "Hyboria" is all about imho. Carnage!

So what happens today "the final day" ?
    The event has been nice eventhough the lag has been something unimaginable in events. I dont even have any FPS anymore.. I have gone to red SPF 60 eventhough i have good hardware and all graphs set to low.

It has been really nice to see that there are so many players logging and playing. I dont remember when i have seen so many people bunched up together. The event and the rewards what you get from killing bosses are clearly meant for newbies and F2P to attract them to sub more. Veterans have nothing to gain in these events lootwise (unless you want that one vanity armor) so for me its has been enough to do one time each boss daily just for fun and see the lagfest.

All in all Great job Joel.
    Last edited by SelfRez; 27th May 2013 at 06:56.

Funcom

No hints today. People are going to have to find the last boss themselves

Oh and getting all 5 of them should give an extra reward. So make sure you do that!
    Last edited by Nusquam; 27th May 2013 at 07:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You are the boss !
    Disguised as a giant Saddur :O

Forum warrior -> Forum Tank.

I wonder how abilities must have a Giant Nusquam roaming in Hyboria ;P

I bet on basilisk in chosain province (close to one of faction towers - as seen in aniversary email)

http://cdn.funcom.com/aoc/crm/aoc_5t..._ss1_large.jpg

Oh and getting all 5 of them should give an extra reward. So make sure you do that!
    Wait... how will the system check this condition? Do I need to kill all 5 bosses today in a row or it counts the whole event (23-27.5.)?

Thanks.

Probably via the "quest completed" flags

Will there be a chance for different loot? Or just an even higher chance for T1-T2 pieces?

Talking

Very well done Funcom! Has been a lot of fun running around with the community hunting down bosses
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else