Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG EVENT in Conan on MAY 23 [Title edit Drest]

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Up front: This is a saying, we use where i come from. You should not take it literally. It is used when something offered looks nice but has a drawback or bad aftertaste (like a necro AA where the damage is increased, but the cast time as well, tradeoff thing?). Still i will try to give you some example why people might get a sour feeling even if your ideas and offers are not that bad objectively :

One example is the different treatment of low level chars.
    Increasing the quest log space and offering bank space in the shop, but reducing the quest inventory and resource inventory for f2p.
    Offering bags in the shop but making them extremely expensive and charbound.
    Patches that fix things and add improvements but also lots of ninja changes that introduce new bugs or make the game unplayable for days.
    Another the different value of offers for vets and new players (though this does not personally affect me much as long as it can be evened out sooner or later).
    Another thing is the added latency for european players and the uncertainity how it will turn out in the future after the server merge (you tradeoff more players for more latency from a european players pov).
    For individual players this can range from quest changes, balancing changes or revamps as well...but this depends a lot on individual preferences (for example as it is now, the crafting revamp can be a great thing or a gamebreaking things for crafter and collector chars).
    These things can be small from your perspective, but for some players small changes (like saddurs key drops) can be important.
    You can also add certain "IFs" and conditions to this list. In the past there were special offers advertised for premiums, but they did not work unless you had an active premium sub (a cancelled premium sub did not work) for example.
    You realize that Funcom is a business after all? Try talking to your mobilephone company about getting the same thing as new customer does (without threatening to quit) and come back here than...

I don't get it why people are complaining. This event is the best thing that happened to AOC since ever. I couldn't be more pleased with it and no, I didn't get lucky on the rewards.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    You realize that Funcom is a business after all? Try talking to your mobilephone company about getting the same thing as new customer does (without threatening to quit) and come back here than...
    My mobile phone company would offer me the new deal AND i could take my sim card over to the new phone without data loss...or i could simply make use of a special quitting clause, if they changed an existing contract. But what has this to do with the topic??? You simply can not compare apples with oranges.

If they are a business why are they treating paying customers this way? Would it COST them anything to change a game mechanic AND level the field or give something at least to those who will not benefit from the change (or get a penalty even)?
    Well, just sit back and see where it goes. I like the game and i wish both GD and the game all the best, seriously. This is why i am sad
    Good night and have a nice weekend.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 22:55.

Are the rewards going to scale up with the different bosses, or is it going to be social pots, with a chance at T1 chest peices? So far all I got was blood. Not complaining, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    Are the rewards going to scale up with the different bosses, or is it going to be social pots, with a chance at T1 chest peices? So far all I got was blood. Not complaining, just curious.
    I saw some lowbies got:

Conq got t2 sword, or was it t3 maybe (golden and long 2h)
    DT got t1 chest

What was worst, they were some 20lvls

This stuff is REAL!!!????

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    The rewards scale by boss and by day. So on the last day you have a much higher chance of getting cooler stuff.

The event was pretty fun, lots of people showing up in khemi.
    Tho I think the boss should have 10 times the HP, the fight was way too short.

Cudos to Funcom for finally making a successful year celebration event.
    People that complain about this, obviously didn't attend the yearly celebrations in the past.
    Last edited by ectomorph; 25th May 2013 at 07:44.
    turn on tune in drop out

Quote Originally Posted by ectomorph View Post
    People that complain about this, obviously didn't attend the yearly celebrations in the past.
    There were none so no one could have attended.

This one is fun with the killing of the bosses but the loot should be ...well to wait for a boss to show for hours and after finaly killing it and you get couple of potions that dye you red ...that's the crap part. Sure there is chance for better stuff but after like 10 boss kills i have only got variety of the useless potions.

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    There were none so no one could have attended.

This one is fun with the killing of the bosses but the loot should be ...well to wait for a boss to show for hours and after finaly killing it and you get couple of potions that dye you red ...that's the crap part. Sure there is chance for better stuff but after like 10 boss kills i have only got variety of the useless potions.
    That is reason i will wait for the last day and then kill bosses on my alts for some cool gear, since my DT is already maxed and it would be waste of time and items to grind bosses with it only to get t1,2,3 gear or their equivalent. Just my opinion.