Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG EVENT in Conan on MAY 23 [Title edit Drest]

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They can't win if they keep giving with one hand and taking with the other, yes.
    An example of the taking would be amazing. And I'm serious. Defend this accusation of "taking".

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    An example of the taking would be amazing. And I'm serious. Defend this accusation of "taking".
    It lags the zone and isn't t4 ! I wouldn't pay attention to this kurt guy. His heads firmly lodged up his ass trying to complain about this event.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

The Followers in ritual xoxo

http://imgur.com/ejxtYuj

http://imgur.com/OF2gvON
    Last edited by Radek87; 24th May 2013 at 19:47.
    We will be Serious after death.

Seems to me all this complaining is simply that new players get all these incentives to sub and play, yet long time veterans don't have those same incentives.

Yes, their accounts may be the same, they all get the Blessing of Asura or the AA point per level, however the veterans have mostly long since stopped leveling up toons. They sit at 80 with 5-20 toons and don't receive benefit from those items/mechanics that draw new players into the game.

Veterans want to see must stuff targeted at them, incentives to keep playing the game or to resub for more time. As it is, a lot of vets come and go from the game, not playing much while their subscription time keeps on ticking. This may give a false sense of player retention.

I got nice reward.

Firework skill and can be used once every 24h! Amazing!

I personally appreciate the attempt to give the customers something for the 5 year aniv.

However!

I have killed the damn boss multiple times, died some, didn't die others, was their for the entire fights. Both the Kracken and the Dragon, and both have screwed me from obtaining any sort of quest/loot. I have obtained this once out of about 7 attempts via my guard/sin. And as already stated, only received loot once.

Just sayin, something is really screwbally!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Up front: This is a saying, we use where i come from. You should not take it literally. It is used when something offered looks nice but has a drawback or bad aftertaste (like a necro AA where the damage is increased, but the cast time as well, tradeoff thing?). Still i will try to give you some example why people might get a sour feeling even if your ideas and offers are not that bad objectively :

One example is the different treatment of low level chars.
    Increasing the quest log space and offering bank space in the shop, but reducing the quest inventory and resource inventory for f2p.
    Offering bags in the shop but making them extremely expensive and charbound.
    Patches that fix things and add improvements but also lots of ninja changes that introduce new bugs or make the game unplayable for days.
    Another the different value of offers for vets and new players (though this does not personally affect me much as long as it can be evened out sooner or later).
    Another thing is the added latency for european players and the uncertainity how it will turn out in the future after the server merge (you tradeoff more players for more latency from a european players pov).
    For individual players this can range from quest changes, balancing changes or revamps as well...but this depends a lot on individual preferences (for example as it is now, the crafting revamp can be a great thing or a gamebreaking things for crafter and collector chars).
    These things can be small from your perspective, but for some players small changes (like saddurs key drops) can be important.
    You can also add certain "IFs" and conditions to this list. In the past there were special offers advertised for premiums, but they did not work unless you had an active premium sub (a cancelled premium sub did not work) for example.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 20:52.

Tues could be wild. Five bosses popping ... less gaps? It'd be fun if the horde was just going boss to boss.

I kinda wish it'd go another week, I've got to be on the road or beach with Real Humans for most of the holiday weekend. Hopefully back for Tues though.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I felt that way when stamina/energy revamp happened.

Energy introduction was an improvement, but the "collateral" consequences were ignored.

Rogues general feat branch is now a joke.

Stamina taps in weapons and armour, no needed anymore, so this items value is reduced.

Stored expensive stamina "big potions" went to the garbage.

In rogues, the 3 destiny quest reward is reduced to 1 only possibility, increase dps. If the character was already leveled and you chosed stamina pool or stamina regeneration, you have not the option to change these rewards, making your rogues less powerful than the chars with more dps and no stamina lacking problems.

Last edited by nikepilas; 24th May 2013 at 22:02.

Love This event killed these monsters tons of time and only got potions and 1 75k mastery. Can we Please make the vanity gear BIND ON EQUIP?