Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG EVENT in Conan on MAY 23 [Title edit Drest]

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Well it is the first time any of this happened. It is great and my hope is that it will be made a permanent thing. And what do you expect on a PvP server? This is a PvE event and hence a lot of targets for gankers.

So rather than only focusing on what is wrong always, maybe put on your dancing shoes and fire some bottlerockets at the Kraken.

It'is there for a fun out of the ordinary thing. And by golly, it is bringing people together and the dragon and Kraken is getting killed so problemize all you want, but for me i am hoping this is an indication of a more involved and creative game director.
    Maybe you just read what i write only as negative and miss out when i try to be fair even and give even positive feedback, while i am perfectly annoyed at the moment (excuse me for not being in the mood for celebration now after being accused of being negative as well). Let funcom decide, if they want constructive feedback and suggestions or not
    I am appreciating the effort and what they managed to pull out in rushed state...but that does not mean i have to say "yes and amen" and ignore what is obviously wrong or can be done better next time (and i am pretty sure the GD is not to blame here, unless he does the creative design, makes the ultimate decision, does the programming and does the gametesting all by himself).
    Still it might be the first 5 year anniversary, but it is NOT the first event to celebrate something (halloween quests and events, solstice event with an actual festival ground and there was a pre-khitai quest chain with a similar lagbuster boss and minion part in 2010 or so (2 quests at least, a nice zone with dialogues in khemi, a mysterious item claimable to start the quest chain, social rewards at the end and a pet from group content part).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    maybe put on your dancing shoes and fire some bottlerockets at the Kraken.
    There is no kraken to shoot anything at, fireworks or otherwise. That's the problem. They should've had enough brain to realize putting it in a hub would create such a shitstorm.

What's the longest time you need to wait for dragon/karken?

On rage server We are waiting with whole server in noble district for dragon xD already 1 hour and 30-40 min... xD

Can u PvP in Fury Khemi also now?

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    I'm happy for those who enjoy the event, I spent 1h yesterday watching paint dry then another 1h today, not seen a boss yet. I've given up personally and doing something else for the weekend.

Personally I would have liked to see new rare trophy rewards and double AA weekend instead as that would get players to play the game instead of hanging around in hubs.

Bit hard to accept that so much dev time went into this just for a 1 time thing, when we've waited 5 months for a simple add fix on the newest dungeon in the game.
    Again, maybe because this were done it is possible to see more of these things in the future. A LOT of things that people have been QQing about have now happened, more FC points for subbers, a new event that has never ever happened before and still people QQ.

Get over yourselves!

If they had given everyone 2000 aa points and 2000 Funcom points someone out there would have said "GIEF 2500 NAO!" or qqing about that new players don't have to grind as much as y'all.

They can't win can they?
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

They can't win if they keep giving with one hand and taking with the other, yes. But look at some posts where others and i gave certain "win win" situations concerning the topics you just mentioned.
    I am not sure why these easy solutions have been overlooked and it is not too late to fix things...so maybe...
    Relax and try to find out "why" people are complaining...they write it down even or give easy enough hints. Maybe not your personally, but funcom should have some professional interest in constructive feedback and someone able to tell the difference between that and global "qq" because people want MORE and NOW.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They can't win if they keep giving with one hand and taking with the other, yes. But look at some posts where i gave certain "win win" situations concerning the topics you just mentioned.
    I am not sure why these easy solutions have been overlooked and it is not too late to fix things...so maybe...
    Relax and try to find out "why" people are complaining...they write it down even or give easy enough hints.

I know why they are complaining...

And FC deserves critique for the failings to deliver on a lot of things. This 5 day event just isn't one of them. It's a fun new thing i have no doubt they just whipped up. So what? It never happened before! We had some lame fireworks as Slith reported before... We have had repeated seasonal events for years.

Now they do something that has never happened... still they get flak! *shakes head*

Some people just need to get a life
    My main alts:
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion

Calm down and reread the things some other time (or maybe not, if it keeps making you angry). At least fetch a cold/hot drink to relax
    You might be lucky to like the event so far, but others have not been so lucky or impressed. That's life...when i draw a painting i am not expecting everyone to like it, too. Still i value every sincere opinion about it.

As people said, the bosses and the fights themselves don't seem to be new and so far i have not seen gm involvement ... but again the event is not over yet...who knows what new and wondrous things are still to come in the next days?
    (not for me though, since i have a life on this weekend )

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    That's life...when i draw a painting i am not expecting everyone to like it, too. Still i value every sincere opinion about it. )
    Yes and i am sure they value sincere opinions as well. But what i have read here are mostly whinges and qq.
    My main alts:

Shameless self promotion