Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unchained PvP Everywhere will bring AOC back from the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    Im kinda worried that US is going to get **** on by EU.

Been honest, the tyranny population seems to have maybe 10% above average payers (by average i mean what was considered average a year or 2 ago)

its sad but true
    I would not worry, they were talking about premade demo's SW Let it Burn on people, that in itself tells you what EU premades and PvP is all about.
    Doomsayer 2008

Been honest, the tyranny population seems to have maybe 10% above average payers (by average i mean what was considered average a year or 2 ago)

its sad but true
    100% of that 10% is in Asylum

I think the US will hold up on its own. We have the lag issue on our side, and I think you will see some hardcore PVPers return. I think it might be time to leave set for tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    100% of that 10% is in Asylum
    Well aren't you just a cocky one...
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

its sad but true
    i hope ur right cuz i can wonder around with my lvl 76 barb with no mouse and get kills

Look at other games for inspirations.

League of Legends does it right. There is no grind other than just playing the game for influence points which let you buy new champions and minor boost items called runes. However at level 30 (max level in LoL) everyone gets 30 rune slots and in a week you can make enough IP through just playing games to kit yourself out in a decent set of runes. In fact you'll have likely made plenty of IP along the way to 30.

Past that, it's ALL about skill and nothing else. There is no pretense of balance - come up against certain classes and you have almost zero chance of winning 1 on 1. But that is why you have a team - swop with someone else and all of a sudden you're back competitive again.

It's not perfect but it does exactly what I've said to do in AoC countless times. You CANNOT BALANCE every class against every other class. You also get away from any significant grind. If you're more skilled than the opposition (and your team is more skilled) you win. End of. I used to play PVP a lot in AoC in the early days but after various points it just became painful. LoL has restored my enjoyment in PvP again and AoC could do a lot worse than to steal some of their approach to a fun PvP approach.

Buff

I really like gear idea, i don't like vanity, emotes or some other things...
    My thing more simple..
    part1.
    Increase xp and tokens reward in pvp of course and AA xp. In this case new people will get faster gear.
    part2.
    Add more pvp gears (same like in kithai for faction pve, but here with pvp start and different stats..) Make them tier 0.5 (for newcomers) and tier4 for those who have tier 3.

Make two instances of pvp mini games, those who have pvp lvl 6 and higher, and those who are below pvp 5. Simple and easy. After one serv tech. it wont be to long when peps will join mini game...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    This OP claims he knows what a real pvper is and that he speaks for entire PvP community.

Without gear and reward lots of us lose interest. A new PvP set or a ranking system with rewards would bring back my engagement. Right now I'm considering unsub, as all AA are filled, no pvp gear is coming and we wont be able to use pve stuff in pvp. I mean as I have almost everything I would say I'm pretty done with game. Doing the same 5 minis over and over without any reward or ranking...or stats.
    He does, he's right, and you've been defending the power creep PVP system for years... You're the PVE minded player that PVPs. You want your gear to equate win.

You never seem to grasp that we are not taking away rewards, we are taking away the power creep from those rewards and making them cosmetic at best. Keyboard turners shouldn't be able to beat a seasoned PVPer just because their guild gave them t3-4 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffarse View Post
    You CANNOT BALANCE every class against every other class.

Buff
    You can get much closer balance when gear is not a factor. Right now, certain classes benefit more from top end PvP gear than others. Soldiers are very OP with top end gear, while other classes don't seem to compare. It would be much easier to tweak classes from a position where items stats are already capped for everyone. It's much easier to see what classes rise to the top, in an even footing environment then make adjustments.

I would say classes are best balanced at about PvP lvl 5. Sure some of them have upper hand like Conqs, Guards, PoMs and Sins but still overall balance is pretty good and even i.e. HoX is not UP that time at all.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast