Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent rotation and tank build

Default Decent rotation and tank build

So I know I am not even close to level 80, as I just hit level 21 this morning with my S+S Guardian. I am working on my build and rotation. So far I have been opening up with dulling blade, counterstrike, brutal, and the two bleeding abilities at that level. I have been placing points in the Juggernaut tree (general has nothing in it). I have also placed points into the Battle cry (did not go with the counterstrike move (I forgot the name). Does it sound like I am going in the correct direction with my rotation and my build? Just looking for some confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by imkain View Post
    So I know I am not even close to level 80, as I just hit level 21 this morning with my S+S Guardian. I am working on my build and rotation. So far I have been opening up with dulling blade, counterstrike, brutal, and the two bleeding abilities at that level. I have been placing points in the Juggernaut tree (general has nothing in it). I have also placed points into the Battle cry (did not go with the counterstrike move (I forgot the name). Does it sound like I am going in the correct direction with my rotation and my build? Just looking for some confirmation.

A rotation for leveling is going to be completely different than that of soloing as you are doing.

Counter strike at higher levels is a waste.

And for soloing as you are doing rite now, pole arm is your friend.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

polearm-> early game.

sword&shield->middle game(bulk of your guardian career)

polearm-> end game.

I copied this from the old forum and i think it is a good guide on how to approach the combos. I find that with this prio i get good aggro and feel solid in the tanking anything really.

I would add that i do use Plexus strike if i am low on stamina as the only reall addition to that list.

Attackme wrote:

"There is no point having a rotation, just know what combos to have as priority and launch them over less important combos, a strict rotation is always fail (not to mention the shield placement), for S+S I'd rate priority as;

1. Shield Slam,
    2. Guard Destroyer,
    3. Titanic Smash,
    4. Overreach 6,
    5. Overreach 5

The only other combo of use is strike and guard which can be nice in certain situations.
    For the other combos, I wouldn't use dulling blow as the dps and agro is crap. Counterstrike is a relic of a bygone age and is near useless and you shouldn't even have it on your hotbar, although it might be interesting to try a full retributive build and group up with a conq and demo with full avenger pet for tanking something physical but I digress....
    AA, only thing to roll with is STA for PvE, counterweight is crap even when fully feated and reckoning gives little agro (if you have nothing else sub out Overreach 6 for Counterweight in my "priority" list).

BUT the main thing is your agro buffs and abilities, doesnt matter if your landing your combos like a boss without correctly timing the other stuff you won't be doing anything. My advise is to be aggressive."
    Last edited by Drest; 8th May 2013 at 20:12.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Use spear (usually in frenzy) until 80 and then switch to shield.

Low level tanking is something completely different from 80 tanking so most tank advice you'll see in forums don't really apply (aside from getting general feats). Also stop using Tortage combos, they're all terrible soon as you're out.

What is considered Tortage combos? I don't use Sweep or Slam.

edited by Grizzly to remove out of context conversation

Where would you suggest players new to the game get good information when they have questions and need advise on game related issues?

My suggestion, read through old post first, see if there are information relevant to your questions already discussed in the past (will often be the case, we were all new at some point).
    If you can't really find anything, go right ahead and ask, and yes there might be many varying and sometimes oppositional and confusing answers, go with what You feel makes most sense, try out different things in game by yourself, see what works for You!
    Use the NPH (New Player Help) channel in game chat, there are many helpful players about, sometimes experienced people will even take time out of their day to give you 1on1 advice in PMs.

Goof Luck & Have Fun!
    Last edited by Grizzly; 9th May 2013 at 03:56.

Quote Originally Posted by imkain View Post
    brutal, and the two bleeding abilities at that level.
    Those are considered the tortage combos. looks at the finisher DPS. it would be alot lower then your other newer learnt combos

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Harthorg View Post
    Those are considered the tortage combos. looks at the finisher DPS. it would be alot lower then your other newer learnt combos
    Thanks for the information. I hear you. I figured once I learn newer and better moves I will replace them with the new ones .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast