Thread: Modifying Sound Files?

Default Modifying Sound Files?

AoC is one of those rare games where I really enjoy music and ambient sounds and don't turn them off or replace with "winamp".
    However... recently "combat moaning" of my female character started driving me nuts.

I tried to play with in-game audio settings but wasn't able to keep battle sounds (like weapon clashing) ON and "Battle Moaning" OFF

So is there any way to mute female combat "voice"? Dunno may be replace it with blank file or something... If anybody done any sound modding for AoC - Please help me!

I completely support an option to turn "Combat Moaning" volume down or off. It drives me crazy too. I end up yelling at my characters: "Shut up you whiney bitch!"

Not helped by the bug that sometimes swaps voice sets after character creation... Some of the female voice sets are unpredictably and horribly screechy.

Added a suggestion about this too.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Females in AoC sound like male gorillas
    Barbarian female, horrid

The sound files are stored withing those massive RDB files, and modifying them would be a little tricky as AOC does a file integrity check every time the game starts to re-download anything that has changed to correct them.