Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the Great Game, Funcom!

Default Thanks for the Great Game, Funcom!

I cannot stop playing the game whenever I have time after 12-hour shifts or during holidays.
    Thank you, Funcom, for making this jewel always being ahead of time!

Whenever I try to look at other titles, I witness something not too attractive with a clumsy feeling of controlling my character.

I started to work on my dark Templar, and, finally discovering Dead Man's Hand and the ability to play with wisdom (sagacious sets), strength, and talisman or shield tanking inspired me to remind me how advanced and intricated your game is!

After you brought the game to Steam, it has become very easy to find any groups at any levels too: advertising (even of a nonrecent game) is always helpful.

I would love to especially thank Funcom for the levelling speed (I use no offline levels though), challenge while levelling (instances like Toirdealbach's Tomb or Black Castle are amazing!) and the best raid with decent difficulty in the game: T3.5!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 7th May 2013 at 05:04.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

The game is even greater with nice and helpful people like you Alan

Quote Originally Posted by abbalinos View Post
    The game is even greater with nice and helpful people like you Alan
    My character was genned on May 17th, 2008.

What an amazing, strange, enlightening five years. The community is as much my experience as the game, yet this game is stunning. I have tried other MMOs and nothing comes close.

Long live AoC.

I agree Alan...
    It is a bit annoying though, as a guildie keeps saying, "AoC totally spoils you for other games." I would have liked to get a kick out of new games that have been released the last few years, because some of them have been quite good.

Like RIFT, a good game but man those colors hurts my eyes. Or SWTOR, i had so much fun in some instances, but even with all the voice acting nothing ever really felt "alive" to me. TSW is great and a game i will play more, but home is where the heart is. Never bothered with GW2 as it is only PvP really... (and since pretty much all the asshats in this game went there i figured i wouldn't like it anyway. )

I am leveling a DT now and is having a great time. I like leveling, it is relaxing and fun. This time through i am still finding new quests i haven't done and exploring areas i haven't really finished before.

And thanks Alan for starting a happy thread! So much gloom and doom round these parts
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Agreed about T3.5, may that nothing ever changes there.

I would add :

- The Lurker, excuse me, it's only Yog Sothoth, and the main story around the house of Crom, just superb.

- Dragon spine content, just love it, Nyarlathotep, seriously, who would have hoped to meet him in person and that he would personally drive you through the main story line.

- T4 story line and the jade citadel. Hell, that Zodiak fight kills me, i always get 300-400 ms latency in there, but still, it's awesome.

- Amphitheater of Karutonia. I still remember the first time i went there, and the first time i've seen that frost giant raging in his chains. Breathtaking.

- Xibaluku. It's still the best instance, nothing beats that feeling of exploring that ancient forgotten place.

- HoX. Nuff said.

Raids, dungeons, soloplay, world, HoX great. Cheers.

Pvp will get there soon. I have faith in you.

Thanks

We listing things we like?

Cang Jei. That guy is the best. Also the old Khitan destiny oracle. Stand up straight!

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    We listing things we like?

Cang Jei. That guy is the best. Also the old Khitan destiny oracle. Stand up straight!
    yup, doing the quest all over again only to see his ouroboros dance again and again (ok, those rings and rares are nice, too :P )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBHv87g8CX4

also as already mentioned, those stories around HoC, Dragon Spine and RotGS are just superb

I do not understand.
    Is it a leaving game post or no?

And the soundtrack..no game has the quality and imersion that AoC presents.
    This is a nice piece of art.Underrated at some point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast