Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player coming back to Age of Conan

Default Player coming back to Age of Conan

Hello all! I'm coming back to this game and I want to begin everything from the start.
    Since I like melee classes, I looked into Soldiers, but I also heard that Barbarian is easy and cool too.
    I'm looking for a DPS class, which is easy to play and useful too.
    Thanks for reading!

Any melee class will do frankly.

Barbs are very cool, like conqs and dts, but i would say the best ones are still HoX and BS, not that they're stronger or anything, but they offer very fun mechanics and it's really rewarding to play them.

From what I have read in these forums the Barbarian is an exceptional DPS melee class character, however it can be a glass cannon at some times. If you are looking for some nice DPS some have mentioned the Conqueror and the Dark Templar. The Guardian is a nice melee class, but was designed to be more of a main tanking class compared to the other two Soldier archtypes. Hope this helps.

Hum... Then my choices might be limited to Conqueror or Barbarian.
    What are the pros/cons of those classes?

Conq :
    Pro -
    Can go pure dps and do well even without good gear.
    Good team support.
    Excellent debuffing power.
    Cons -
    Relies on gear for tanking (like all the tanks, although a bit more than juggernaut guards, but much less than dark templars).

Barb :
    Pro -
    Does not rely on gear to pull good dps (reaver specc).
    Powerful CCs (berzerker specc).

I see. I suppose that conqueror might be more "balanced" and easy to play then eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcanelas View Post
    I see. I suppose that conqueror might be more "balanced" and easy to play then eh?
    Not exactly, it's more the case that conqueror is more "unbalanced" and easier to play, if you know what I mean....

Quote Originally Posted by Jcanelas View Post
    Forgive me, but I didn't understand
    the conq got recently a revamp on feat trees and skills, and became an overpowered class, its a soldier class (aka tank) that can dps more and easier to inflict more damage than the dps classes itself, barbarian being the best example....

anyway, you want to play pve or pvp with barb/conq?
    - pvp you might get better of with the conq for the reasons already mentioned if you dont want too much thrill and difficulty in terms of killing someone and/surviving someone, the barb is harder the to play ON THOSE TERMS, but for me challenge anf thrill its the fun, so the harder the better
    - for pve, any will do (any melee class actually goes well), try out both, the conq, like other soldiers, can change stances that will make you survive and kill a lot of mobs when playing alot, the barb its harder but not that much harder, its easily doable once you know the class itself (in zerker stance or reaver)...on group fights conq is a tank, barb is dps, but in some cases, when more dps is needed, the conq will make a difference to help out, and on fights with mobs a barb zerker can also kite mobs (boss in some fights) and CC mobs ALOT to save someone's ass (i love to do that with my barb )

all depends on your taste, why dont you just play both? level one of them till 80, explore group fights with one, then explore the other, and if you become premium and go khitai, you have lots to do with both classes cause they are needed a lot

Thanks for the reply! I will try both!
    I'm headed toward PvE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast