Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EASY PVP Solution That Will Appeal To Everyone

Default EASY PVP Solution That Will Appeal To Everyone

Someone in my guild had a really good idea on this whole Unchained thing. He proposed that since some people really love the Unchained mini game idea, while others completely hate it. Why not have Funcom make it so you get your 4 campaign badges for doing the Unchained mode minis, then you also get an additional 4 campaign badges for doing regular minis. This way for players who really do care about skill based PVP can exclusively sign up for Unchained mini games, since they don't need gear to play there. But it also doesn't force the players who wish to continue to use their PVP gear that they worked hard to acquire , or the players who simply want to use T4 gear in minis from being forced into Unchained simply because regular minis become obsolete like Tournament mode currently is.

Truth is 1 of the mini game formats is going to most likely die out. I know this because people all want to sign up with their friends, it's the biggest complaint, but when does Tournament mode EVER pop? Never, and it's because pug minis are the popular format and thus players see no reason to sign up to tournament (gain nothing from it). If Funcom implements this idea, then both sets of minis will pop, and everyone will be happy, rather then just SOME of the player base (which is really crappy to only cater to some rather then all). And plus it'll also make it so the gear grind in PVP isn't so grindy, and allow players to get geared up quicker, resulting in even the regular minis becoming easier for the newer player base to get geared up for.
    Last edited by Deathsader; 8th May 2013 at 11:42.

Paragraphs are quite cool

I do like the idea of separate rewards and not once a day for both types.

1 campaign badge for normal minigames, 0 badges for unchained: that will be fair.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Unchained minigames + an option added for Unchained Playfields when entering areas(including hub cities) for PvP servers. Ofcourse Unchained minigames should give no tokens, maybe social rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    1 campaign badge for normal minigames, 0 badges for unchained: that will be fair.
    this is so dump (imo) in normal minigames players have gear difference: gear vs gear

in unchained its 100% pvp: pvp

why give any pvp rewards for the normal minis?

to FC: u list these pvp changes to attempt to appeal to future new players, question non-players from other pvp communities what they would like best

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    this is so dump (imo) in normal minigames players have gear difference: gear vs gear

in unchained its 100% pvp: pvp

why give any pvp rewards for the normal minis?
    What are you saying? Normal minis = progression minis; needs tokens to buy gear etc, to progress. What's the point of giving out tokens in Unchained Minis?

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    What are you saying? Normal minis = progression minis; needs tokens to buy gear etc, to progress. What's the point of giving out tokens in Unchained Minis?
    There is a point to earn gear for world pvp and sieges, so pvp player do not need to do dungeons/raids for it.

If all that became unchained aswell, then tokens would just be used for vanity gear one would hope comes eventually. PvP gear atm could be vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyMad View Post
    To cure the gear gap between new and vet players. That's the point. Right now, the players decked out in T4 PvE gear are dominating over players who are in full top end PvP gear. If you don't see an issue with that, I don't know how else to reason with you. If pure PvPer's can't gain the same power gear that PvEr's can get, you've got a serious design flaw. Not to mention the rate at which PvE'rs can accumulate AA points vs PvPers. If you want to keep people playing the game, you've got to give everyone a chance to compete.

I dont get you guys or you dont get me :P

I expressed my opinion about normal and unchained minigame rewards, not about the big issue of gap between players.

I'll most probably will play only Unchained versions of minigames when it comes out and I dont see the point of token rewards for it cos it'll be the same gear/AA I'll have in the next Unchained minigame. I also support the idea of Unchained pvp everywhere.

So I dont support the idea of gaining tokens via Unchained minigames and buying gear/whatever with them for normal pvp.

I see no reason why all poeple would move to unchained minis.

If unchaied mini will give unnatural chains to players (and there are many places when whole balancing idea may fail badly) why those who already have pvp levels, AAs, maybe t4 gear or just don't care if thier gear is worse would move fully to unchained? They can stay as they are, doing what they used to. With raiding unchained minis now and then to show to all QQ'ers that gear isn't most gamebreaking part of pvp in aoc. And those who can play will still will rule out, when those who cannot stay whinners accusing everyone better of cheating.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast