Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: what is overpowered in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    really cause i have not seen any brute conqs getting 50 kills in a mini game but carnage ones i have seen a few
    I'll post a screen later if you want to see brute conq 50+ kills. Carnage is more OP at wracking up kills versus dismal competition, that is for sure.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I'll post a screen later if you want to see brute conq 50+ kills. Carnage is more OP at wracking up kills versus dismal competition, that is for sure.
    its all dismal competition there is no good pvpers in AOC.....just degrees of bad

Yeah carnie conqs can like, kill my BS in two combos, but on the other hand they are killable - same can't be said of brute conqs and they still dish out fantastic dps (+ retributive damage that ****s up some classes seriously) even in def stance.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

^ The most important area of the game in a common sport like hockey, soccer, football, basketball is scoring, and it's the same here. In most pvp and minigames, the biggest contribution to winning is scoring kills, and carnage is more efficient and generally better at it than brute in most minigames. Sure carny can be cc'd and killed, but it also can bouce kb around and have a 2 min cd on dodge bubble, and a self heal; So it's got tons of survivability. Unless the map is the most range favoured and the other team is stacked with aoe and cone cc filled range classes, carny still takes the cake. It was op before the revamp and just even more so now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Last HV i played : 9 soldiers
    hehe yeah that does happen quite often.
    http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/s...psff08a343.png

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    This was obive a joke video, why y'all taking it so seriously lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Yeah we could move along. But now unknownsoldier even post in tl sin suggestion thread. The suggestion is not to remove lo,no. there he suggests to shorten the cc immunities from aod and lo.... You cant move along as long as such ppl suggest so much ********. If you dont react, funcom considers this as legitimate feedback. It is so annoying to see ppl just destroying a class without even really playing it.
    Saw that a while back and just throught, "pathetic".

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    i do have a sin, and i dont have any problems fighting with it both pve or pvp
    If you have that opinion then you haven't played the game thorough enough on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    ^ The most important area of the game in a common sport like hockey, soccer, football, basketball is scoring, and it's the same here. In most pvp and minigames, the biggest contribution to winning is scoring kills, and carnage is more efficient and generally better at it than brute in most minigames. Sure carny can be cc'd and killed, but it also can bouce kb around and have a 2 min cd on dodge bubble, and a self heal; So it's got tons of survivability. Unless the map is the most range favoured and the other team is stacked with aoe and cone cc filled range classes, carny still takes the cake. It was op before the revamp and just even more so now.
    You're probably right about that, but I don't see a lot of carnie conqs on Fury atm, it's just lazy brute conqs all over the place (usually 2-3 of them minimum per mini, much more in JS) getting a few kills and rarely (if ever) dying. I do remember some amazing carnie conqs racking up kills back in the days, but that was actually BEFORE the revamp... And afaik they didn't exactly get nerfed
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    pretty pointless video. what does a khitai geared guard have in frenzy stance? -15% mitigation and - 40% protection? you would have done way more dmg with battlefield commander btw.

brute conq is more op than carnage as well.
    was a video of me 1 shotting a pvp 10 demo too but i liked the one on the guard more.

I think carnage conq is fine besides that 1 combo that hits jsut too hard ( hits even harder then whirlwind and it should not)

Brute conq however is just too op, it cant die pretty much yet still pumps out big damage ( and has a bigger hitbox obviously) its a bit silly.

anwyasy, conq is the most op all round character imo
    Last edited by GeldourConq; 6th May 2013 at 20:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    really cause i have not seen any brute conqs getting 50 kills in a mini game but carnage ones i have seen a few
    Id love to see a few screenshots of 50+ kills in a mini. I call ********. Most people sit after 3 deaths or drop.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Id love to see a few screenshots of 50+ kills in a mini. I call ********. Most people sit after 3 deaths or drop.
    In my 2 years and half spent in minis, the highest number of kills i've seen was 51-1 in HV, and that was achieved by Aktai, a Sin on Crom.

Maybe those kills you are talking about have been scored by farming the res over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You're probably right about that, but I don't see a lot of carnie conqs on Fury atm, it's just lazy brute conqs all over the place (usually 2-3 of them minimum per mini, much more in JS) getting a few kills and rarely (if ever) dying. I do remember some amazing carnie conqs racking up kills back in the days, but that was actually BEFORE the revamp... And afaik they didn't exactly get nerfed
    Yep, before revamp carnage conq was almost as strong as it was now. Hybride spec got duller (BoA ftw !) slight increase of dps and more annoying from my point of view having all disciplines and techniques apply debuffs. It was already not too hard to debuff targets but at least you had a little cooldown on it and had to chose your buffs accordingly.

But yeah... brute conq is better know. Bubbles, more CC, almost as much burst dps, mainly one step combos, 2h reach, retaliation damage so even if you miss combos. You get less kills usually but you hardly ever die if you don't want to. Not to mention the bubble is gold to pick up flags...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .