Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: what is overpowered in pvp?

Default what is overpowered in pvp?

simple question, since i dont know all the classes in the game i cant participate much on this discussion, but i would like to know the general opinion on overpower issues on classes, so, what "thingy" makes each class overpowered on pvp, either on damage or survival?
    so far, for me:
    - sins STD are too high in damage even without feats on it;
    - necro DOTS take too long (plus high damage depending on the class that has the dot and if necro spell-weaves or not);
    - soldiers/healers bubbles with too much survival WHILE they keep hitting others with high burst damages (if damage decreased when using godly bubbles it could be a different story)
    - rangers class i think dont even need comment because there are to many

Every single class has some OP feature and to be honest, without them, that is : without anythiung that stands out, playing any class would be boring.

You cannot single out a powerful ability and call it OP without evaluating the class as a whole. E.g. necro long dots are extremely annoying and the "die then spellweave" mechanic may look unfair but what would be the necro without them if not a wannabe demonologist (with the option to spend half his playing time recasting pets, sure). Is necro an OP class as a whole ? I don't think so. (Keep in mind that every single "class X is OP QQ" thread ends up in a "class Y is OP too" "and so is class Z" discussion so that in the end every single class in the game is allegedly OP.

Now the most important question even though slightly off topic : do sins really have some feat that abbreviates in "STD" ? This makes me laugh like an idiot
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by mardragon7 View Post
    What is HoX OP feature?
    HFB Duh.....
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    Every single class has some OP feature and to be honest, without them, that is : without anythiung that stands out, playing any class would be boring.
    ok, each class should have its own "trick" of course, but the thing is, for example, the sins use their bombs to one-shot everything (even in low level), conqs bubble up to kill a low health member on my team and i cant even CC him to save my team mate (not saying they should not have their bubbles) and then they run away...

its not the intention to create a discussion on an overall class being overpower or not, just a small thing here and there, an opinion like, how do you die more often against other classes because theres nothing to counter it or whatever they do is to unbalanced/easy mode (ranger comes in mind)!
    a necro friend says for example that the spell immunity from sins "kills him" no matter what he does (is this too good or too bad?)

hmmm, maybe i should change the post tittle!?!?!?
    Last edited by UnknownSoldier; 30th April 2013 at 19:36.

It's more about the whole package than one or few "tricks" each class has. Look at guardian, it's got everything: high acceleration of high dps and long range, defense in terms of bubble that can be activated when cc'd and active and passive anti cc, high mitigation based healthpool, and high number of utilities like speed boost, aoe and cone cc's, and single target cc's. Any class that satisfies as "high" or "very good" in all four of those categories are overpowered. That's because the game is supposedly designed so that no class should be tops in all four. Demo's got high in attack, defense and utility, but low con. etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    ok, each class should have its own "trick" of course, but the thing is, for example, the sins use their bombs to one-shot everything (even in low level), conqs bubble up to kill a low health member on my team and i cant even CC him to save my team mate (not saying they should not have their bubbles) and then they run away...
    the best sins don't rely on the bomb and conqs have no additional cc resist besides root resist in carnage spec.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this topic when these are your contributions.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Now i will tell you what is op, sin in t4 gear is so strong that his xbow hits do around 800-900 dmg on pvp 8 barb
    I just loled at that when i saw in mini

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    the best sins don't rely on the bomb and conqs have no additional cc resist besides root resist in carnage spec.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with this topic when these are your contributions.
    what determines a best sin? anyway, the sins in see that get 30-3 k/d all the time use bombs all the time
    i see conqs with the blueish bubble around them that when i hit them it is always a miss (thats what i was saying)

Overpowered is when a class either has abilities that allow them to win minus more often then other classes. Or allow them to dominate other classes without having any disadvantages.

Conq would be an example. Can dominate has FC and top kills. Or healers that do as much damage as dps class.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast