Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    The usual way, you know... Sub longevity, older toons advantage etc.
    So 1 year sub will win over 6 months sub but if both players have 1 year sub running then character creation date will decide. Always been like this.
    I'll probably end up quitting again if they tamper with names... ah well always something else.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Another big question is... with the mergers what's going to happen with the names? I mean there's a ton of duplicate names with a merger this big and many of them are very active , how will this get resolved?
    Prolly stupid names will stay stupid, that's only thing that should matter in an irrelevant way in this matter.

I don't think this was addressed and if it was I apologize. Will the new unchained minis still give pvp exp and tokens? I think it's vital to give these rewards otherwise people will never leave the minis to pvp else were, and they will continue to be essentially the only form of pvp in the game.

Default "un-chained Mini Games"

I think it's a good idea except for the simple fact that a lot of people work hard for their PVP Gear and to acquire points for AA's. I don't think it would be fair for new players to be able to have full PVP gear and maxed AA's from the beginning, all of my work as a veteran player in the current game and prior years would be meaningless. Veterans worked hard to get good stuff to better their advantage in PVP.
    If this type of PVP is implemented then I think it would be better suited for AA's to NOT be allowed at all. And just one standard set of armor per class with no tier system. To always allow it to be skill based and equal. Also keep the standard type of PVP mini's as is and don't replace it with this type.
    However, in my Opinion, I think PVP mini's would be better suited broken into Brackets such asPVP LVL 0-5 and Brackets PVP LVL 6-10. Having different Que's for these 2 brackets and leaving AA's and PVP armor tiers like it is with of course modification in the future. This would allow a more balance to PVP matches and giving those new players a better chance to compete, as well as giving higher ranking players more balanced matches and avoiding placing the blame on a new players for the loss of the game.
    These brackets will not only help balance the matches but keep the hard work of the veteran players that like to acquire more, better gear or more AA points, to help them in PVP worth something instead of stripping it away.

Quote Originally Posted by ethersurge View Post
    I think it's a good idea except for the simple fact that a lot of people work hard for their PVP Gear and to acquire points for AA's. I don't think it would be fair for new players to be able to have full PVP gear and maxed AA's from the beginning, all of my work as a veteran player in the current game and prior years would be meaningless. Veterans worked hard to get good stuff to better their advantage in PVP.
    I find this extremely provocative. I really don't get you people that have this opinion.

So what if you have WORKED (not had fun) for that gear? The population of this game is so f***ing bad that something needs to be done, and this solution will maybe get the new players to actually PVP.

And you know what? You will still have the option to wear that fancy, overpowered gear of yours. Sieges and open-world PVP will not be part of this solution (as far as I know), and there will also be the Normal Mini-game mode, as it is now.

Unchained Mini-game is an OPTION, so the new players, which this game so desperately need, will be able to get right into PVP without having to work for years to be competative.

For the vets it should be no problem anyway, because of the countless mini-games played over the years, your skill SHOULD be a lot higher than that of a new player.

That post of yours, mate, is highly egoistic. And it saddens me that so many vets share this opinion.
    Last edited by Harcesis; 1st May 2013 at 20:05.
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Good! Now I just gotta wait to transfer old Azmith back to Tyranny, and I can ignore the shitshow that is Deathwish... sorry DW, but there's just not enough happening anymore to stay interested... case in point, unsubbed lol.
    I love the Deathwish ruleset, except for the no offline levels bit.
    Why force people to PvE all the way to 80? Never understood that.

Sure there's the illusion of 'battling' our way up to lvl 80, but the reality is that most of those levels are spend in solo dungeons anyway - killing the same mobs over and over again. No PvP in that.

They should have allowed PvP to level people on Deathwish at the very least, if they are going to force us through the pve leveling process.

What's the downside to merging ALL servers and asking people to choose between PvE, Epic or B&G rulesets when entering a zone?

All cities are PvE anyway - and they are rather vacant at that. They should simply merge everyone together into one mega server.

The old ques will if anything be much better balanced as well, because all the free kills will not sign in them. In turn they will not be to blame for losing the matches.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i am full t4
    i am full aa's
    i am pvp lvl 10

i welcomed unchained minigames.
    i laugh at all of you who are already crying over "i did all that pve to gain an edge in pvp"

i can only hope this is a start.
    and have actual open world pvp content and have class abilities balancing and pvp gear adjusted in stats.
    My point exactly.
    Harcesis - Guard
    Lomaxx - BS
    Scoobie - TOS
    Gammern - Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Eight BKs and 200 guilds wanting BKs means TONS of sieging, no? I think that's the way it should be. Nut up, not everyone should have a BK just because they want one, they should have to fight to have one, and keep one, period.

All and all Joel, good letter. Keep on this road, and get your designers busy on a few more mini game maps and I can see this game bouncing back, at least a little, due to the changes. Can't wait to stomp some new faces. I assume that during the merge phase, those of us stupid enough to transfer to a PVE server for PVP will have the option to transfer back for free, ya? One can hope :P
    Why would anyone want MORE minigame maps? It takes long enough to get in a game as it is. I'd rather they work on open world objectives, like quests to collect enemy heads for bounty rewards (vanity items/titles/consumables).

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    Why would anyone want MORE minigame maps? It takes long enough to get in a game as it is. I'd rather they work on open world objectives, like quests to collect enemy heads for bounty rewards (vanity items/titles/consumables).
    yes!!!!! this
    minigames are only "popular" because its only pvp content.
    personaly would realy like guild pvp quests to foment more aggression bettewen guilds and more open world wars.
    quests to kill guild leader and officers, and just a general quest to kill "x" amount of enemy guild members
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast