Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - April 2013

Bad Latency for example. And what are the benefit vor PVE-Players, nothing.

more raids. and higher latency is not a fact, you just believe it will be like this. That are no arguments at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulusonne View Post
    Bad Latency for example. And what are the benefit vor PVE-Players, nothing.
    A healthy population is needed for any online game and this is what will happen with server merges, as you will have more people to play with. The merges should have happened earlier especially the special treatment for Mitra was definately the wrong choice...

It's not an answer for low pop problem, it was never a solution. Hidding the true problem of the game (loosing population since 2010) by continual merges (which cause another wave of leaving) will just delay the grim fate...
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's not an answer for low pop problem, it was never a solution. Hidding the true problem of the game (loosing population since 2010) by continual merges (which cause another wave of leaving) will just delay the grim fate...
    Oh but it definately is. And Funcom is not hiding anything. Server merges are bad for publicity but good for the players, as they will have other people to play with (which is why Blizzard shuns them even though there are dozens of ghost servers).

Just some questions for clarification regarding one server tech:

After one server tech is fully implemented, will it be possible to have different dimensions per ruleset, i.e. a role playing dimension or language specific dimensions, like in TSW ?

If yes, will it be possible to visit another dimension with the same ruleset if invited by an origin player of this dimension, and will it be possible to visit another dimension with a different ruleset if invited ?

If no, will it be possible to visit a server with a different ruleset when invited by an origin player of thie server ?

PvE-wise this is a good thing. As stated before it can offer more raiding and grouping opportunities 24/7.
    Latency is not an issue here. I play from Denmark on Set and my average ping is about 150. I don't experience any problems with that in regard to PvE. I wish I could use it as an excuse in PvP, but no one who has fought me will ever buy that

Another big question is... with the mergers what's going to happen with the names? I mean there's a ton of duplicate names with a merger this big and many of them are very active , how will this get resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Another big question is... with the mergers what's going to happen with the names? I mean there's a ton of duplicate names with a merger this big and many of them are very active , how will this get resolved?
    The usual way, you know... Sub longevity, older toons advantage etc.
    So 1 year sub will win over 6 months sub but if both players have 1 year sub running then character creation date will decide. Always been like this.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast