Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter - April 2013

Thank you for the detailed update and your candid assesments.
    I appreciate the pvp points.
    I like tortage pvp but vets can give new players hell, so maybe make a pvp instance and pve instance, or a separate b&g instance where pvp loot drops, for white sands and underhalls on any potential single pvp server if b&g server does not add up.
    My first pvp was in underhalls and i have fun memories of tortage pvp even though i started just after rotgs expansion came out.
    Vets like to pvp at all levels but newbs can be eaten alive in the process and spat out, so you want to give options if possible.
    I love the crafting direction. Can't wait.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Where is my $15 a month going? This letter proves that nothing has been done in over a year and nothing is being added that is even considered a AAA pay mmo type patch or addition. One of the biggest questions is still not answered. Can the new live team fix old bugs and broken content and mechanics? EVE, aion, swtor, lotro have managed to gain population with f2p model. Why has aoc lost population? It is the only mmo on the market to do that. Why is there no mention of the f2p model in this letter?
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Where is my $15 a month going? This letter proves that nothing has been done in over a year and nothing is being added that is even considered a AAA pay mmo type patch or addition. One of the biggest questions is still not answered. Can the new live team fix old bugs and broken content and mechanics? EVE, aion, swtor, lotro have managed to gain population with f2p model. Why has aoc lost population? It is the only mmo on the market to do that. Why is there no mention of the f2p model in this letter?
    AoC population has raised continuously the past year since F2P. Its also on steam. Many of my friends started from there..

Joel, what about the HoX revamp? Did you canceled it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    If you use the search feature you will find posts from Joel regarding this.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by eliteknut View Post
    AoC population has raised continuously the past year since F2P. Its also on steam. Many of my friends started from there..
    What server do you play? US servers have declined significantly.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

True, nothing about f2p has been mentioned in the letter...unless the unchained PvE stuff are all f2p...which I don't believe it is since amp unchained is not f2p ...but then it shouldn't really be called "unchained".

Anyhow, a way to access the game on completely f2p terms(aka through the store) should be available. Currently it costs 10 bucks just to access HoC for 1 WEEK. This means JUST to access HoC for 1 sub period it would cost 40 bucks a months??!!

So again I reiterate the store really doesn't exist as much of anything (even vanity except a few pieces isn't much value for the money). And people, especially f2pers (who are the majority of online/mobile gamers) who are sophisticated enough to understand what's value in online games is DEFINETLY NOT going to pay 40 bucks a month to just access HoC.

But I'm thinking there is a divide between the money side of this game and the actual development. Make the game true f2p and open up all the playfields,including Khitai. Then put a store bought paywall to access any of the instances/raids and do any of the quests(especially in khitai).

Currently,Funcom, I'm going to be frank here ( and the old vets here hate me anyhow so no harm done) you could be making far more money on the current player base by doing this. Vets are really worth less money then truly brand new people... mainly because they have already completed most of the game and really don't need much more of anything. The new players are FRESH blood, the several hundreds of dollars are yet to be extracted from them.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 30th April 2013 at 20:43.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

Currently,Funcom, I'm going to be frank here ( and the old vets here hate me anyhow so no harm done) you could be making far more money on the current player base by doing this. Vets are really worth less money then truly brand new people... mainly because they have already completed most of the game and really don't need much more of anything. The new players are FRESH blood, the several hundreds of dollars are yet to be extracted from them.
    What are you talking about? Vets are constantly spending money. Personal example i gave Funcom money for 3 months and i am not playing the game, i just gave money because i felt like doing so, i logd in just 3-4 times to update AA time train on my chars. How many of so called ''FRESH blood'' would do the same, pay even thou they don't play. And there are much better examples then me, vets here spend hundreds and hundreds of $$$ since 2008 till now and continue to do so. Your assumption and constant ''crusade'' against vets is totally wrong and baseless.

Keep it on topic guys.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Did you read the letter? Try it!
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast