Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Neverwinter

Well, I finally got to level 60. Stupid job taking time away from gaming.

Anyway, I loved some of the harder dungeon boss fights during my levelling journey. I hope it is an indication of the difficulty of the end-game dungeons (and that they are even harder).

I've played to 37-ish and feel the following:

The game has fast paced combat with only a few abilities so CD management is fairly important. PvP feels unbalanced with 4 classes having a burst fast move (the tank doesn't). No ranged weapon for the tank fighter.

Voice acting is laughable at times and downright awful at other times. Dialog is cheesy and feels targets towards young teens.

High fantasy that lacks grit and a feeling of conflict. You are a good person doing good things battling evil. The story is also very linear. Leveling multiple toons will be an awful grind.

I find many instances are just kill mobs, walk a few feet,
    Kill more, etc.

Some zones, while visually interesting, have horrible chains requiring you to run back and forth through the Same area multie times.

User created content is a great idea and might be the only thing that makes the game stick around.

Tons of micro transactions with a multitude of currencies.

Graphics are okay. Don't care for the style of armors and weapons.

Overall it's reasonably fun but I don't see it replacing AoC as my MMO of choice.

I hit level 60, done some dungeons/PvP... and I have no more will to log on. PvP set is very easy to get - just a few minis for every item. It's not that fun to continue playing after you get the gear...

I was hoping PVE will have more oldschool RPG feel like in the beginning, but it's totally without any flavour - pure hack'n'slash with tons of trash. AoC even after 4 years has more flavour...

I was lucky and finaly got a good group to castle never last weekend, then it really shined how bad the game mechanics was.

Had two disconnects(usually happen in my experience) so we 3 manned the instance, a guardian, a cleric and a control wizzard is really everything you need in that game. Additional players are only for more dps so you finish faster.

I was also using my PVP-epics as they have a better set bonus than the pve stuff(i play cleric).

Also funny to see how the "end of beta" event lags more with 10 players close than the AoC 5 year event lagged with 150+ players
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    I was lucky and finaly got a good group to castle never last weekend, then it really shined how bad the game mechanics was.

Had two disconnects(usually happen in my experience) so we 3 manned the instance, a guardian, a cleric and a control wizzard is really everything you need in that game. Additional players are only for more dps so you finish faster.

I was also using my PVP-epics as they have a better set bonus than the pve stuff(i play cleric).

Also funny to see how the "end of beta" event lags more with 10 players close than the AoC 5 year event lagged with 150+ players
    not sure what your connection was. but in the same day did a siege in aoc and it was basically a powerpoint presentation and then did a 20v20 beta pvp event in neverwinter with no lag at all.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

So I starting doing some PvP this weekend, got my arse kicked due to lack of GS.

Went and got some purples off of the AH, doing a lot better now. I was quite surprised at just how cheap some of the purples were (3-5k AD).

The PvP seems to only be Domination at the moment (capture nodes and hold them).

But it sure is fun!

I will be trying to get into a dungeon this week
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    So I starting doing some PvP this weekend, got my arse kicked due to lack of GS.

Went and got some purples off of the AH, doing a lot better now. I was quite surprised at just how cheap some of the purples were (3-5k AD).

The PvP seems to only be Domination at the moment (capture nodes and hold them).

But it sure is fun!

I will be trying to get into a dungeon this week
    post how it goes, i am still working on getting to max level. but from the other aoc people that i still talk to that are in neverwinter they are loving endgame.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    post how it goes, i am still working on getting to max level. but from the other aoc people that i still talk to that are in neverwinter they are loving endgame.
    Will do.

For PvP though, I noticed that there's the good old 'premade versus pick-up-group stomp' going on though. Happened once or twice over the weekend to me (unfortunately on the receiving end).

I suspect they will need to make brackets based off of GS or something ... as you're allowed to queue as a group.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345