Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Combat ... felt ... slow?

Pull more mobs then. Have fun controlling them all.

You also get more ability slots to use when you get to higher levels, giving you more options in combat.
    Well the amount of mobs really isn't the issue

PvE is not all to bad. I'm more so talking about the pvp.

Just a few abilities to work with and then the spamming of mouse buttons. Just wasn't working for me... maybe I need to get higher level.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Just a few abilities to work with and then the spamming of mouse buttons. Just wasn't working for me... maybe I need to get higher level.
    When you get a higher level you get more than the left/right mouse button attacks, so hopefully the combat will get more interesting for you at that stage

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    When you get a higher level you get more than the left/right mouse button attacks, so hopefully the combat will get more interesting for you at that stage
    Well maybe I will push forward a little more then and see.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

No fatalities... No open world PvP. Funny looking character models... The world feels pretty generic also. The combat was fun, but still feels shallow compared to AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    The combat was fun, but still feels shallow compared to AOC.
    I think the combat will be really interesting in some of the fights due to the speed things can happen at.

There's a lot of movement and spatial awareness involved so far (if you want to kill things efficiently).

We shall see!

But yes, there are no combos I guess ... which is a big win in AoC's favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Well the amount of mobs really isn't the issue

PvE is not all to bad. I'm more so talking about the pvp.

I keybinded movement to mouse keys and attack keys to keyboard. The pvp has been good because of the pvp events. Arena system is interesting with it being the same time each night. 20v20 is good if teams r balanced. But just like aoc afk players and team imbalance can ruin it. That the combat system requires movement to dodge is great. Aoc needs to show ability zones on the ground instead of chunky animation. Still pisses me off how fluid melee whas in pre 1.04 aoc and how it has gotten worse with each change.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

It's a nice little game, well worth a play through, if you plan to play through it then invest 10 bucks and buy a inventory bag, as that will save a lot of trouble, allowing you to enjoy the game more.

what's really impressive is that it has a lot of ingame systems already in beta. For example:

*Automatic dungeon finder
    *Skirmish system
    *Player made content
    *Fully Voiced Quests
    *Simple event system (like join a dunegon NOW and get a free blue item for your class, etc)

Your avatar looks like a real single player hero from lvl 5-6, no rags like in many other mmos. Although a bit odd, there is a vanity armor option where you can wear rags instead of the shiny armor, not seen anyone using the rags yet though.

There's lots of problems with the game though, lots of exploits, I've done dungeons where a single player have won absolutely every roll, which seem to indicate that the rolls are done on the client side and then sent to the server for adding up and distribute loot which is easy to exploit althougn probably saves some server load.

The game is sort of a mix between Baldur's Gate and WoW, they've thrown in some references to Baldur's gate for adults and lots of WoW stuff for the kids.

So the basic plan here seems to be, adults will mostly pay the bills and buy itemshop currency, then kids will do the farming.

That's the problem for Funcom with lego, 8 year olds don't have CC or money for that matter, but not many adults will play lego mmo.
    Last edited by paulson; 23rd May 2013 at 20:27.

Very fun game to toy around with. Graphics are nice, combat is really good but it get really interesting around lvl 35, before that you ll have easy times non stop (excepted in dungeons where sometimes, situations are a bit excessive) in playgrounds.

The biggest feature imho is the craft system. You can totally craft things without even havin to log in, directly by your internet browser and that's something they should advertise more because it's simply workin greatly.

PvP is cool but gear related (very gear related), which make stuff imbalanced just as it is here (for a 100% fair match), otherwise the core gameplay is pretty solid.

But yeah. TSW > NW anytime of the day tho.

Quote Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    That's the problem for Funcom with lego, 8 year olds don't have CC or money for that matter, but not many adults will play lego mmo.

Not many adults wanted to see Toy Story 3, but the kids (with no money or cc) did. The adults (with the money and cc) took them to it, becasue they wanted to see it, and bought the merchandise, and it has a gross of over a TRILLION dollars.

But not many adults were interested in Toy Story 3....

one of the most boring, shallow MMO games I have ever tried. Also, as an old-school AD&D player, I felt like vomiting.

Waste of a good IP.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast