Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    You get bonuses for attacking opposing sides of an enemy i.e. your tank in front, you around the back. It's quite noticeable.
    Yeah, but it's hard to be on the back if the aggro is on you Backstabbing the boss when he makes AoE-kb while you have Unstopabble running doesn't help with that

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Yeah, but it's hard to be on the back if the aggro is on you Backstabbing the boss when he makes AoE-kb while you have Unstopabble running doesn't help with that
    I let my companion tank for me (he's Man-At-Arms, I am a Control Wizard) and strafe around outside of melee range
    Last edited by Petridish; 13th May 2013 at 08:23.

I let my companion tank for me (he's Man-At-Arms, I am a Control Wizard) and strafe around outside of melee range
    I was talking more about dungeons - until ~30 everyone is tanking except the tank. Since GWF doesn't have to kite and shrugs off most boss CCs, you get even more aggro

I've been playing GWF and Cleric so far and it's hard to keep aggro off them...

Ah ok, I haven't gotten to do any dungeons yet ... been too focussed on the questing and the levelling! I really should do a couple ...

Ah ok, I haven't gotten to do any dungeons yet ... been too focussed on the questing and the levelling! I really should do a couple ...
    First few are really easy, no tanks or healers really required - they resemble skirmishes (you've tried those?), but with more bosses. The loot is weird right now - first dungeon seems to drop only DC tali and TR gear.

It gets harder around 30, when you can queue for Lair of the Mad Dragon - the boss is surprisingly difficult, mainly because of constant spawns of unCCable elite adds and tons of hp.

I stopped doing dungeons at that point and just chasing my friends to start doing some level 60 stuff. You can buy some level 60 epics in AH for mere 10-50k AD and the green drop you get is enough to not force yourself to wipe with people you don't know

That's been me from the start pretty much ... racing to 60 ... I'm not even sure why, it just sounded like the thing to do

But that dungeon sounds like a good one to try, so when I get to 30-something, I'll give it a go (only 26 at the moment).

Plus I am generally wary of PUGs.

That's been me from the start pretty much ... racing to 60 ... I'm not even sure why, it just sounded like the thing to do
    My friends (who have more time to play) have been doing the daily quests and events to get as much AD as possible - they've been buying epic gear before they hit 60

I'll probably start doing the same in case the prices may go up or something

But that dungeon sounds like a good one to try, so when I get to 30-something, I'll give it a go (only 26 at the moment).

Plus I am generally wary of PUGs.
    It's actually nothing hard - you only need to focus adds and jump on the boss when you have time. The problem is that most of the time only tank hits him and the boss has ridiculous amount of damage - sooner or later Joe the Healer will die in AoE (boss and adds use AoE kbs and stuns which also deals massive damage)

People are whining about the boss hp on the forums. One guy asked them "how do you think they could up the difficulty if not by spawning more adds and giving the boss more hp?" - lmao, AoC is sophisticated.

They seem to put a lot of weight on trash - tons of them between bosses and each boss spawns more and more of them. They even spawn elites which can spawn their own mobs and so on

I just finished Ebon Downs (~37) and there was already mobs who would spawn a lot of weak undead - you had to focus them or get overrun. Now I'm off to fight werewolves with insane hp-regen - been hearing legends about them. Also something about dogs with asses instead of heads! Adventure awaits!

This game is surprisingly good. Combat takes way more skill than a the generic WoW clone tab target.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    This game is surprisingly good. Combat takes way more skill than a the generic WoW clone tab target.
    I tried it for a bit. Only made it to lvl 16 before I got completely bored.

At first it seemed like it might be good, but after a while the combat just felt to slow and the pvp is a joke.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    At first it seemed like it might be good, but after a while the combat just felt to slow and the pvp is a joke.
    Combat ... felt ... slow?

Pull more mobs then. Have fun controlling them all.

You also get more ability slots to use when you get to higher levels, giving you more options in combat.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast