Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter

Default Neverwinter

So neverwinter goes live this week and early access started over the weekend. anyone else checking this out?

combat system is primary reason for playing it
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Looks nice and it's ftp so i'll be checking it out when it goes open beta in little over 12 hours from now.

Looks like they took the character building from NwN out of it. It gave it tons of replayability, especially in PWs that balanced the classes. Easily my favorite NwN feature. Spent tons of time making builds and counter builds.

Not going for this until it gets older. Online games get better with age and I do not see a reason to stand first in line on this one.

If you og into that game expecing NWN3 then you will be disapointed, if i was to compare it to anything it would have to be guild WARs.
    I am Stian ingame...

Nothing like guildwars. There is no tab targeting. At lvl 8 so far and its good. Like the arena pvp and pvp mini games.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

I am up to level 25 ... what a fun game this is!

I *love* the lack of tab targeting, and the high focus on movement in combat ... fantastic!

Playing a Control Wizard at the moment

The combat reminds me of Secret World a bit actually (movement focus) ...
    Last edited by Petridish; 13th May 2013 at 02:54.

Is combat similar to TERA?

If so, then i should give it a try

Too bad races are uninteresting, yet again

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Is combat similar to TERA?
    I have never played TERA so I cannot compare the two, sorry.

One interesting feature of Neverwinter is the Foundry - player created quests and content. I haven't done any of them yet (the stock quests have been enough to level with) ... but I will probably do a few soon to see what they are like.

Playing it since one week - pretty fun combat and a lot of content for a beta.

It has reticule targetting, but it's not hardcore (many skills will always hit the target if it was in the reticule the moment you fired it off) - still you will miss a lot, even in PvE

When you kb an enemy you have to actually target him in the air if you want to hit him before he lands. It's also really fun to evade an attack by dashing/teleporting to someone's back and hitting "unshielded" side

PvP is somewhat lacking - right now there's only 5v5 domination and the combat is rather slow on lower levels (it reminded me of full-tank DT vs PoM duels). I hear it's faster later on.

You get gear tokens almost from every type of PvE, so it's easy to get dungeon gear (dunno about epics) and PvP tokens are awarded for overall minigame performance, so you get them even if you loose.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 13th May 2013 at 07:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    When you kb an enemy you have to actually target him in the air if you want to hit him before he lands. It's also really fun to evade an attack by dashing/teleporting to someone's back and hitting "unshielded" side
    You get bonuses for attacking opposing sides of an enemy i.e. your tank in front, you around the back. It's quite noticeable.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast