Thread: Returning player looking for mature guild (Crom)

Default Returning player looking for mature guild (Crom)

Hello Hyboria!

After quite a long hiatus I am looking to get back into Age of Conan. I am a returning player who left the game after my guild and server were pretty much devoid of players after a few months into launch and I was pretty much running around alone all the time.

I have been checking out other games in the mean time, but Age of Conan just has the complete package for me;
    Interesting combat system where a traditional hotbar is coupled with a combo system for more dynamic interaction, mounts, guild housing, PvP, gorgeous visuals and music!
    I don't think I have ever played a game where the musical score has been played so much outside of the game!

With free to play the servers are much more alive again, according to various websites. A
    And with the single server tech the restrictions to play with others are relieved even more! A good time to come back I would think!

Anyway, a short re-introduction; I am a guy in his thirties, married to a wonderful wife and just became daddy of a insanely cute son. :P
    I have a demanding job with irregular hours and the care for our son and all real life chores prevent me from being the more hardcore gamer I used to be.

I will have a few hours a week to commit to AoC and therefore I am looking for a mature guild who understand that real life has priority, who do not have stringent rules for being active or who solely focus on endgame raiding.
    I am looking for a great bunch of people to enjoy the game with, perhaps even engage in some roleplaying from time to time.
    People who value to social experience to play together (also on low level) more than just being competative in the end-game.
    I am looking for people who enjoy helping others out, be it with running quests together, crafting or running raids.
    A group who is online at several sections of the day would be ideal.
    I am currently located on Crom and I live in the GMT + 1 area.

Great to meet you (again perhaps?)!
    Yskonyn

Warmly welcomed back to Hyboria!
    Hope you find what you are looking for.

Sincerely,
    /Asfrid

Welcome back to Hyboria!

You are spot on that this is a good time to come back. We have a small but relatively steady influx of new players from Steam, and Funcom have announced significant updates which hopefully will put the game back on track. But given your long hiatus, there should be plenty of new content for you to explore anyway!

As to guilds that suit your schedule and game style, here's a few which you may want to check out:

"original" Crom guilds
    Dawnsong - they seem to be a raunchy gang of marauders, but good-natured and very active
    The Free City of Lochlainn - we raid with some of them, great people

Since you used to play on a server which most likely was merged with Crom, here's a couple of guilds from the old servers, maybe you remember one or two:

Blackscar guilds
    Crucible - they are the result of a merge between Harlots of Tortage (Blackscar) and Niflheim (Crom). So if you used to play on Blackscar back in the day, maybe you will be familiar with a couple of names there.

Hyrkania guilds
    Domus Serpentis - not a real hardcore guild, but one of the most accomplished raiding forces back on Hyrkania. They still are the most successful of the former Hyrkanian guilds, raiding T4 together with Order of the Dragon (known as Lost Souls back on Hyrkania) and Kalevala Syndicate (a Finnish guild from Crom).

Cavaliers of Sun & Crimson Horizon - It is hard for me to tell these guys apart since I raid with them... Both guilds are from Hyrkania and most players have been around for quite a while. Still, they manage to integrate new players who wouldn't seem to fit the typical "casual RPer" profile. In any case, both guilds are very casual but still do most of the content in the game, including some good old wiping at the more challenging raid bosses

Hope this helps, and if you recognise any of these names, all the better!
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Cavaliers of Sun & Crimson Horizon - It is hard for me to tell these guys apart since I raid with them... Both guilds are from Hyrkania and most players have been around for quite a while. Still, they manage to integrate new players who wouldn't seem to fit the typical "casual RPer" profile. In any case, both guilds are very casual but still do most of the content in the game, including some good old wiping at the more challenging raid bosses
    Ahh Rath...
    Cavaliers of the sun are much MUCH cuter than us! (Allthough admittedly not as fashion consious as Shaun. )

And as for the wiping, well if you wouldn't die all of the time i am sure we'd be more efficient

As for the guilds mentioned here, top choices all of them. Depending on if you want a big guild or not ofc. Crimson is mostly a few oldies these days but we have seen some old friends coming back into the game. With that though we are still just a handfull players. (With more than a handful of alts )

You are welcome to send me a message though should you wish it. But i am sure Arlandaes in Lochainns would welcome you into the fold over there. Pants i hear are still optional.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

I'm in the same boat.

Played for a while at launch, left when everyone else did.

I'm looking for a casual guild just like the OP. I have a busy job schedule and a family to look after, but I can spend a couple hours a week playing.

Wink

I wish to thank everyone for the welcome back and the suggestions. It only took a short while in game to get several invites.
    Its great to see the community so thriving and welcoming! It reminds me of launch.

I have joined Vanguard. A great bunch with similar attitude towards the game as me.
    Perhaps a good offer for Cryndon as well?
    Shoot me a PM in game to Mordaxus or contact Salahuddin in game.
    Alternatively have a look at their website; aocvanguard.guildlaunch.com

Its great to be back people!