Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear won't matter anymore?

Arrow Gear won't matter anymore?

I might be wrong here, but according to the latest upcoming changes, gear (and AA's) in PVP won't make a difference?

So the time I'm currently spending in raids, Khitai, and getting PVP badges to buy gear in order to be better in mini games is no longer needed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehole View Post
    I might be wrong here, but according to the latest upcoming changes, gear (and AA's) in PVP won't make a difference?

So the time I'm currently spending in raids, Khitai, and getting PVP badges to buy gear in order to be better in mini games is no longer needed, right?
    Wait for the new GD letter that will cover this topic.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

One can hope. Gear should never have equated win in PVP. Skill should always equate win in PVP. Grinding gear for months is not skill.

Funcom

Not in all PvP. In specifically chosen PvP. Basically you will be able to choose between skill-based or gear based PvP.

Giving people more options is always better than removing options.

Are you having fun?
    If not, the time is wasted.
    If yes, the time isn't.

If one is playing a game for any other reason than having a good time, one needs to rewire ones priorities.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Not in all PvP. In specifically chosen PvP. Basically you will be able to choose between skill-based or gear based PvP.

This is nice change and cant wait to see the letter for more informations.
    Do you have plans in near future to do some things to improve world pvp?
    Thanks for effort it is nice to see people care about this game

Really? Don't you see that minigames are the last piece of competitive PvP in the game? Sieges are dead since they don't really give any meaningful rewards anymore (not to mention eternal lag/crash issues), open world PvP is dead from the very beginning since there are no open-world PvP objectives, Bori mechanics was (and is) a total fail. PvP levels and PvP gear were a crunch made in rush on summer 2008 to give people at least *some* reasonable motivation to do PvP. Then FC just cut out premades. Can one play with a couple of friends if they want to do some *team-based structured PvP*? The answer is no. You need to get 6 ppl group, find another 6 ppl group on a deserted server (and yes, 500 ppl online *is* a deserted server) and then you can play a couple of matches. The system is *so* cool that there are barely 10-15 *matches* per week on Fury. That was a punch in the face but most people kept playing farming PvP experience and PvP tokens (which were brought to the game after Bori has failed, remember?). Cheaters with combers, radars and speedhacks? It was (and still is, let's be honest) hard but they still could stand that. Now you want to say that their time (which is payed subscription time mostly) doesn't matter?

People are always trying to find the easiest way. Sometimes it is called exploiting but it's natural to any human. A monkey used a stick for the very first time because of the same reason. You've brought people the opportunity to dig PvP levels out instead of fighting (hello, Bori). Two options are better than one, right? 90% of players preferred to dig. 5am when there was almost noone online - the best time for digging it was. Some even transferred to deserted Hyrkania in order to dig peacefully just to transfer back having 10 PvP lvls and tons of tokens.

And what now? You give people another easy way to play minis. No more raiding, Khitai or minis itself (or even digging!) are required. Cool! There is SO MUCH MOTIVATION around Hyboria for PvP. Why would anyone care about PvP levels and PvP gear turning into pumpkins? Oh wait... farming PvP levels and gear WAS almost the only motivation for PvP in Hyboria... That awkward moment when you realize that your lead PvP designer is a retard...
    Last edited by Cromathaar; 29th April 2013 at 13:32.

Little less than two months ago the Community update stated the following:
    We are currently also looking into ways to improve the subscription for new players. The idea is to decrease the disparity between end-game players with full AA trees and players that arrive at the end-game. This is something that many of you veteran players have mentioned to be worth taking a look at and we are planning to do that. More details to follow.
    source:http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...99#post2022599

Is the unchained minis the "solution" to decrease the disparity or will a broader approch of PvP be also studied to avoid making open-world completely out-dated ?
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I like the idea, but tbh there is an option in game to play premade pvp minigames but most players want to res farm than to have a fight. so i think this will be the same with unchain minies and they will remain empty.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    I like the idea, but tbh there is an option in game to play premade pvp minigames but most players want to res farm than to have a fight. so i think this will be the same with unchain minies and they will remain empty.
    Well removing any sense of other rewards to not be exploited by teams farming one another killed tournament mode.Yes,Fun is top priority but people also want to get a sense of progression along the way.

Tournament mode with no ranking,no gear to get and the tokens to be farmed to buy the pvp gear were just the worst combination possible...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast