Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nudity/Fatalities with US/EU servers?

Question Nudity/Fatalities with US/EU servers?

I am not sure if this is true or not, but I heard that the EU servers don't have fatalities. I know US servers don't have nudity, but I thought EU did?

Or was that all simply a rumor?

Either way, I'd seriously love to get rid of the very ugly underwear and keep our bloody fatalities.

What about our beloved /piss emote?

Are we going to finally receive a fully unrated game or are the merges not affecting anything in regards to this?

Quote Originally Posted by freneticfangs View Post
    I heard that the EU servers don't have fatalities.
    Yep there is none... and there is no death in EU also, players just fake it; saying "ah, you shot me!" and writing the /sleep command. Then there are funerals etc.

I believe some fatalities are censored for German players, but otherwise there is full nudity and gore in the EU version of the game. It is all client-side so there should be no change whatsoever.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    I believe some fatalities are censored for German players, but otherwise there is full nudity and gore in the EU version of the game. It is all client-side so there should be no change whatsoever.
    Ah, that may be what I heard about, though I hadn't heard there was full nudity in any version of AoC. Interesting.

My mistake, not "full nudity" but nipples. We still get the incredibly exciting and fantastic painted-on thong.
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    Seriously ? I mean, really ? I know Germany is censoring almost everything in video game in general, but come on, this is ridiculous. it's a 18+ videogame, for Crom's sake. What did they expect ? Do they censor every piece of art and/or entertainment ?

But to answer the question and stay on topic, yhea, EU have fatalities and nudity. No censorship, except apparently for the germans.

Looking at some old threads, it appears only 5 out of 60 fatalities are "censored" in the German version- not a huge loss but still bad.

And only npc and pets do the piss emits on EU server

And it is client dependant. So it is possible for example to install an uk uncensored version in germany and play with both nudity and fatalities. Would be nice if they changed the stupid lower parts underwear for some more classical censorship (leaves, blurred zones, even black bar would be better!). Then at least a char would look decent from the side and back...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 1st May 2013 at 09:04.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast