Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear won't matter anymore?

Gear is an imbalance, BUT not nearly as bad as class imbalance which will really show thru in unchained pvp. I would venture to say assassins will start popping up everywhere casters will start disappearing, dt's will finally fade away etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Are you having fun?
    If not, the time is wasted.
    If yes, the time isn't.

If one is playing a game for any other reason than having a good time, one needs to rewire ones priorities.
    ^ Exactly this.

NOT TO FORGET , IF U DONT ALLOW MINI SIGN-UPs AS DUOS OR TRIOS , DONT BOTHER EXPERIMENTING .
    caps?where?
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Quote Originally Posted by tsquared2 View Post
    Gear is an imbalance, BUT not nearly as bad as class imbalance which will really show thru in unchained pvp. I would venture to say assassins will start popping up everywhere casters will start disappearing, dt's will finally fade away etc etc etc
    DT's will fade??
    Maybe i figured wrongly how will this unchained mini work, but i thought that everyone will have pvp gear and aa, if that is so i dont see reason for dt to vanish. It will still be super powerful class.
    And how can there be bigger imbalance when everyone is lvl 10 than now when there are low lvls and poorly geared people?

Quote Originally Posted by Whalar View Post
    DT's will fade??
    Maybe i figured wrongly how will this unchained mini work, but i thought that everyone will have pvp gear and aa, if that is so i dont see reason for dt to vanish. It will still be super powerful class.
    And how can there be bigger imbalance when everyone is lvl 10 than now when there are low lvls and poorly geared people?
    The general idea I'm getting from this is that gear and AA's will be removed all together to "balance" the playing field. If this is indeed how this will be implemented, what I'm concerned about is that for the past however many years the game has been balanced around gear and AA; so in "unchained" minis AA dependent classes, such as the DT, will be severely gimped, as well as gear dependent classes like the guardian.

If this does end up being the main pvp content, this will really alienate the players who have spent so many years grinding AA and gear. This change would have been beneficial if it was done when Bori came out, but now I don't think it will provide the intended effect.

Quote Originally Posted by healo View Post
    The general idea I'm getting from this is that gear and AA's will be removed all together to "balance" the playing field. If this is indeed how this will be implemented, what I'm concerned about is that for the past however many years the game has been balanced around gear and AA; so in "unchained" minis AA dependent classes, such as the DT, will be severely gimped, as well as gear dependent classes like the guardian.

If this does end up being the main pvp content, this will really alienate the players who have spent so many years grinding AA and gear. This change would have been beneficial if it was done when Bori came out, but now I don't think it will provide the intended effect.
    The way I see it is that all players will join with max gear/AA. To be honest I don't care either way. I'm tired of doing the same minis over and over again.

Something needs to be done to promote world pvp. I can't see the remaining pvpers hanging around much longer to keep playing the same mini games.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

agree that it would be really cool if unchained mini would have old queue so you could play with friends

Quote Originally Posted by Cromathaar View Post

And what now? You give people another easy way to play minis. No more raiding, Khitai or minis itself (or even digging!) are required. Cool! There is SO MUCH MOTIVATION around Hyboria for PvP. Why would anyone care about PvP levels and PvP gear turning into pumpkins? Oh wait... farming PvP levels and gear WAS almost the only motivation for PvP in Hyboria... That awkward moment when you realize that your lead PvP designer is a retard...
    You are obviously NOT a pvp minded player. One of the biggest reasons for the deserted servers is bar to entry in PvP and the gear dependance. I have played this game from DAY ONE. I know what the original vision of the game was before 1.05. When they made gear matter in PvP, that was the beginning of the end for PvP. The game was never finished, and PvP was never perfect, but it was at least headed in a better direction before the gear overhaul. At least back then people PvPed because it was fun, and anyone could do it without having to spend months grinding for gear first.

I for one (and I believe I represent a large portion of the PvP community) think that if they are going to put and "unchained" option for mini games, they should do the same for open world zones and sieges as well. Then just modify the PvP rewards to ranks and vanity items. If they do that, we can all sit back and watch the subs pour back in. I guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Its not really that simple.

I go to gym to look good. I dont really have fun but it feels good. I will have a better chance of scoring a nice looking girl. If it turned out that girls dont like guys with muscles I would not continue my subscription at the gym.
    Wow.. there are lots of girls who don't like the look of a strong healthy man. You might as well quit now if you don't enjoy the benefits for yourself. On top of that, most women (note I didn't say girls this time) can't stand men that are insecure and lack self confidence.

Besides.. this is a game. It's not reality. You PAY to play. To have fun. If you don't enjoy grinding raids to get uber gear, so you can pwn noobs in minigames, then you're the one with the perspective distortion. There is a reason why the servers are empty. It's because the pvers got bored of grinding the same content, and because the PvPer's were neglected and treated as red headed stepchildren. Making gear matter as much as it does In PvP was one of the biggest, if not the number one reason so many pvpers left AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Joel, as you mentioned in the interview, craig morrison's team promised us a lot of things, including a HoX, then necro and Demo revamp. You said there was a revamp already being done, and now in that interview you mentioned that PvP is going to be skill based and not gear based from now on. In my point of view, by removing the gear requeriment from PvP, class balances changes 100% and some classes might need a huge special attention regarding its role in pvp. I'm very curious about what you're going to do with the class revamps.

Can we expect a new design for class balance with the new pvp system? You can't just allow a fresh 80 Conqueror **** everything like they are doing right now when they get gear. PvP would become a Soldier's arena.

Sorry for my bad english, but I think you can get the idea behind my post. Thank you if you read it.

It would be nice if he answer this, also, are you going to REMOVE gear stats or just make a regular gear for each class?

As many people said in this thread, AA kinda balanced most classes and gave specific roles that shouldn't be changed right now, so it would be nice if you give more infos about AAs.

If everything being asked here is already in the letter from the game director, well then, lets just wait.

I hope to see competitive PvP after all changes made to pvp. You can get all you need by doing the "unchained pvp" and then fight for honor and rewards (vanity, of course).

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast