Thread: [Steam] Game Time not Recorded

Default [Steam] Game Time not Recorded

Whenever I use the Steam version of AoC, it only records time while I'm in the patcher. If I enter the game, Steam thinks I'm not in-game and I don't record the playtime.

Another friend uses the Steam version, and their playtime is recorded while in-game, just mine isn't.

Any help would be appreciated!

Did you install the game from Steam or do you run normal install through Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Did you install the game from Steam or do you run normal install through Steam?
    I downloaded it from Steam.

Have you checked both the DX9 and DX10 Client? It may be that steam only monitor one of them...
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Have you checked both the DX9 and DX10 Client? It may be that steam only monitor one of them...
    Steam launches the DX10 client, yet it only sees the launcher as a game, not the actual game. (I can Shift+TAB in the launcher, but not in-game).

Quote Originally Posted by -Hubok View Post
    Steam launches the DX10 client, yet it only sees the launcher as a game, not the actual game. (I can Shift+TAB in the launcher, but not in-game).
    I am pretty sure steam do not launch either the dx9(ageofconan.exe) or the dx10(ageofconandx10.exe) client, it starts the patcher(ConanPatcher.exe), and the patcher starts the dx9 or dx10 client dependant on what setting you have set in the patcher.

It will not help you getting the counting to work, but if steam looks for "ageofcoan.exe" for recording gametime, it will never record playtime when you use the dx10 client, and it will explain why it works for your friend if he uses the dx9 client.

That is why i asked if you could check both clients, go to options in the patcher to set it to what you want, and you can confirm the setting under video settings when you come ingame.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    I am pretty sure steam do not launch either the dx9(ageofconan.exe) or the dx10(ageofconandx10.exe) client, it starts the patcher(ConanPatcher.exe), and the patcher starts the dx9 or dx10 client dependant on what setting you have set in the patcher.

It will not help you getting the counting to work, but if steam looks for "ageofcoan.exe" for recording gametime, it will never record playtime when you use the dx10 client, and it will explain why it works for your friend if he uses the dx9 client.

That is why i asked if you could check both clients, go to options in the patcher to set it to what you want, and you can confirm the setting under video settings when you come ingame.
    Thanks, I saw that Steam launches ageofconan.exe to get the patcher, and it wants ageofconan.exe to track gametime. ageofconandx10.exe makes Steam think I closed the game.

Strange, I'm running the DX10 client and the game time is recorded correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    Strange, I'm running the DX10 client and the game time is recorded correctly...
    There's probably a way to get DX10 out of the DX9 client, but mine loves to change executables.