Thread: Can dmgnumber color be changed?

Default Can dmgnumber color be changed?

Hi people, I've recently switched UI, and in this new UI damage numbers are completely black, and its very hard to spot them, so I went to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized and textcolors, and changed them, but still, they are black? Did i target the right file?
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/show...damage+numbers

I believe the fix is to delete the Textcolors.xml and Textcolors.bxml from the custom ui folder and it will force it to use the in game default color, which will be white.

Here's the original post:

Combat numbers a problem for you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some info that may help ppl who are experiencing problems with combat numbers. Things such as :

- Combat damage is now shown in Black Text.
    - Combat numbers are a weak grey that you can hardly see.
    - Critical numbers are small and disappear quickly.
    - Healing and regen numbers fall down but you want them to go up like they did before.

This is what I did. It may help you if you are stuck.

The values for all of these things are customizable and are stored in a file called TextColors.xml

If you are experiencing black numbers then it is because you are using a custom gui and the values in the TextColors.xml are invalid. AoC tries to read them, gets no value back, which means its a 0 and 0 in html is black.

To fix this I copied from my AoC folder
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default
    the two files TextColours.xml and TextColors.bxml into
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Funcom\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized
    overwriting the files already there.

When I restarted AoC it read these "propper" values and I got my colors back.

The problem was they were not like they were before and I didnt like the new style.

I opened up the TextColors.xml file in the \Gui\Customized folder using Notepad.

In the middle of the file there are entries like this
    HTMLFont name="stamina_gained" color="0x6da0ff" font-size="small" font-style="bold" font-family='hyborian3' speed= "100" waitonscreen="2.0" direction="-1"

These values are the instructions that tell AoC what to do.

The values are pretty self explanitory.
    If you want the text to go from top to bottom then set direction to -1
    If you want the text to go from top to bottom then set direction to 1
    If you want the text to be stationary then set the direction to 0

The real problem is knowing which entry to edit.
    Here is a starting point for you.

My opening combat strikes are :
    other_attacked
    other_attacked_unshielded
    other_attacked_critical

My closing combat strikes are :
    other_attacked_critical
    other_attacked_combo_critical

My Spells are :
    other_attacked_spell
    other_attacked_spell_critical

If you got this far you should be able to figure the rest out for yourself.

Personally the changes I made were to make all combat dmg white (color="0xffffff"), make numbers rise up and not fall (direction="1") and I made crits stay on the screen longer (waitonscreen="5.0")
    I also made a different color for unshielded damage so that I never miss this. It is something I try and achieve as often as I can.

I hope this is of some help to someone in what has been a rather frustrating few days