Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Common Abbreviations index by Zelly <3

Post Common Abbreviations Index by Zelly <3

Find below a listing of many commonly used acronyms and abbreviations within the AoC community.

I have decided to leave out combo, spell, perk and ability abbreviations for the time being.

I will watch the thread to see and try to keep the list updated.

I love this game and want to give something back to a community that, while at times tougher to deal with than family, has still meant so very much to me.
    Last edited by Aralu; 4th May 2015 at 22:05.

**Game Jargon**

No code has to be inserted here.

**Solo Instances**

** Dungeons **

**Raids**

Edited by Arishanya to make it easier to read/follow.
    Last edited by Aralu; 4th May 2015 at 22:43.

Well done Zelly.

I just noticed that the minigames werent mentioned. And a lot of the time you see like 'TT 9/12' etc on global.

So maybe you can add TT (Totem Torrent), LT (Lost Temple), HV (Hallowed Vaults), BR (Blood Ravine) and JS/SAG/CJS (Call of Jhebbal Sag) to your list.
    Retired

also:
    Yukmur/Yukhmur/Yackmark etc: Yakhmar
    Kiki/Kiliki/Cilicili etc: Kyllikki

Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    rouge: n.
    The rogue class.
    I really hate this one. Is it so hard to spell it correctly?
    Btw. some of the abbreviations are different on EU servers.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Thumbs up

Thanks, all! I updated this to include about twice as much game jargon - a couple of your requests were already in there, but others have been implemented.

I have declined to include TOO many variations on a term (the spellings of Kylikki for example), as this is intended to be a bird's eye view, not an exhaustive tome. ...at least not yet. <3

ALSO: if someone wants to modify this for EU or even other languages, PLEASE feel free!
    Last edited by Zelly; 26th April 2013 at 20:00.

A lot of the Euros use "DD" Damage Dealer for "DPS".
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    Aww...

Aralu, have you thought about putting the spreadsheet into Google Docs? Something like pekka's HoX Stuff. Then people can open it with a click, which means you don't need to paste it onto the forums. (Forums are not kind to spreadsheets unless you rewrite it with Code tags or something.)

This is great for research, thanks for doing it! If you get bored, have you thought a mini version for quick, alt-tab reference? Maybe even an in-game script version with a quick tutorial on how to add it in-game as a script window.
    Last edited by Prima; 10th May 2013 at 19:28.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

On TL I asked what the heck DD was since the euros used it a lot, and they told me it was damage dealer. ie dps.

So *shrug".
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    On TL I asked what the heck DD was since the euros used it a lot, and they told me it was damage dealer. ie dps.

So *shrug".
    Technically the Euros are correct, Damage Dealer is a more accurate description of the role... DPS is a measurement not a class type. :P
    ---------------------------
    Subii ~ Member

Rogue Angels
    Crom (PvE)
    [Website] | [YouTube]

---------------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast