Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

40 latency from the netherlands to eu aoc servers, dont change a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    We haven't had significant problems with this on TSW and we are hoping to not have problems in AoC.
    My latency in TSW is usually between 60ms-70ms from Oslo.
    Comparatively in AoC (EU) I am around 45ms.
    The difference is not noticeable for me.

However would be interesting if people who play both AoC and TSW post their numbers and locations to get a broader idea of the impact closer to where you live.

You can do this using /setoption latency_window 1 (TSW only)
    To turn it off do /setoption latency_window 0

In AoC just mouse over the latency meter.
    I am currently as I type this alt tabbed from Age of Conan, my Latency is at 59 ms and I live in the state of Illinois in the US.

Thumbs down

EU is the side of the world where you made your money...

In few years, we had to "accept" to not have our own servers, you forced us to speak english because of merge that we didn't asked for, the server location as it is for now is terrible for a lot of players: I don't now many people playing with 60ms...

Located in France I'm around 90/100, when i log on US server i'm between 200 and 250 AT BEST !

And now we will be forced to play with that kind of latency forever?
    No thanks, it's time for a lot of players to stop pay for that ****, or even better, just stop this joke that you call a MMO.

Just to remember, YOU are an EU company

Quote Originally Posted by XeLx View Post
    EU is the side of the world where you made your money...

In few years, we had to "accept" to not have our own servers, you forced us to speak english because of merge that we didn't asked for, the server location as it is for now is terrible for a lot of players: I don't now many people playing with 60ms...

Located in France I'm around 90/100, when i log on US server i'm between 200 and 250 AT BEST !

And now we will be forced to play with that kind of latency forever?
    No thanks, it's time for a lot of players to stop pay for that ****, or even better, just stop this joke that you call a MMO.

Just to remember, YOU are an EU company
    French Troll ?

I don't think so, he's kind of right.

I play from Paris and my latency is 150ms average, and for almost 3 weeks now i got so much lag that i can't even join raids in my own guild.

there are very often days when I get frustrated only because of lag. you cannot play pvp with such a latency. I play in UK and I dont have any hardware or internet connection issues. If it will get worse game will be just unplayable pvp wise.

Ping from sweden, 118 as lowest to TSW, average 140. 19 as lowest to AoC EU servers average 35.

Just curious, do players and developers realize that latency between pc and a Display is someting between 45-80.

Ask daddy Carmack from ID software.

Playing from Croatia with bit above 100ms, and to be honest even though i like some things i heard about possible revamp I am bit scarred about latency when server go US.
    It would be sad if i had to quit game because of that

90-120 latency in aoc with video setting on high

109-130 latency in tsw with video settings on ultra

playing from lisbon, portugal
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast