Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

My latency in AoC depends on time and people around (it is not my internet provider fault though). And it goes from 65ms (usually late night, no one around) up to 130ms (ofc, in some circumstances - pvp especially, it lags, jumps way higher than this etc.)

I don't really play TSW latley, but I checked few moments ago and my latency was between 130-160 (i would say 145 average).

In PvP it rally matters, I hate that "delay" feeling. I hope I will adapt :X

I will suggest marge B&G servers first and check how its working or even better (but probably not possible ) add Unchained minigames option (at begin without AA/gear balance) but this minis should happen on US server so pvpers can verify if it will working or not.
    Going in way or EU play with > 120 pings or not is bad decision because if latency will effect too much ppl will just stop playing lagging s***.

PS. On empty TL server in US have 140-160ms on EU 70-80.

Central europe/CZ
    EU Live -
    network ping avg 46 (100 samples)
    game ping 70-80 (at best in pve zones); in minigames i fewtimes get 60 ms min

TL
    network ping avg 126 (100 samples)
    game ping 140+ (empty server)

Tip for u to save money: cancel any pvp changes, eu players will stop playing pvp with such latency. Maybe ranged classes can live with that (i doubt that), melee certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I'm not mad or "jealous" - I'm just saying you're not actually getting 40-50ms from Germany to the US. It's not possible in today's world with the accepted laws of physics If you had a straight cable from Germany to New York you could expect 60ms (~6000km divided by 200000km/s multiplied by 2 )... if there were no relays and routers in between. And there are lots of them. So 80ms is the best you'll ever get. 200000km/s is roughly the speed of data in fiber optic FYI (since fiber optic is not exactly a vacuum) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical..._of_refraction

Or it's just one way trip and then that means you have 80-100ms ping. Or the game is simply wrong/not calculating it properly. I just don't want you to spread false rumours.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that the lowest latency Euro/US cable sits at 65ms? Damn, it's higher than what you are getting! And just from one landing point to another. Not from your home to the servers. Traders are fighting to lose 2-3 ms and pushing for the installation of new cables, but they are talking of lowering it to "59 ms" (UK > US,not Germany > US), not 40.
    Heh, good brain on ya :P I'm from New Berlin.... AKA Kitchener Ontario, Canada

Don't mind the pseudo trolling, was just testing ya nut jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Well, from reading Nusquam's post I'd say these technologies are already implemented. Which would be weird, as i have had situations with assassin for example, where getting too close to an enemy, as in standing rather on his feet than toe-to-toe, would cause combos to miss although on screen i had him right in front of me. Could reproduce that pretty easily, too.
    I get that on the NA servers as well. I think it has something to do with the cone our combos use.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Heh, good brain on ya :P I'm from New Berlin.... AKA Kitchener Ontario, Canada
    New Berlin! Aaah, good one
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

todays latency about 500 , just impossible to play pvp

Im very dissappointed with decision to move servers to US. I consider myself hardcore pvper and >100ms ping is where limit goes for the fast paced pvp. On eu im getting 60ms ping, while on testlive it's 140ms. So im not having any hopes that ping will be lower than 100ms in new place. I really doubt i'm gonna enjoy the game with such terrible change and rather not have any server merges with US than suffer worse ping.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Im very dissappointed with decision to move servers to US. I consider myself hardcore pvper and >100ms ping is where limit goes for the fast paced pvp. On eu im getting 60ms ping, while on testlive it's 140ms. So im not having any hopes that ping will be lower than 100ms in new place. I really doubt i'm gonna enjoy the game with such terrible change and rather not have any server merges with US than suffer worse ping.
    Agree, if i see my ping is over 100ms after merge i will certainly quit AOC. Id rather have the 50-60ms ping with the odd accasional lagspike than a constant 150ms minimum. There no way you will get anything below 100ms if server is in US. Pity funcom will loose hundreds of players as i know many feel same way as myself. When i use to do 3v3 in WOWs arena, if any of us had any latency above 100ms we would not Compete, Simple as that.
    Last edited by Hollastar; 1st May 2013 at 01:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    As an Australian playing on US servers I assure you it works. I constantly see people run 10 metres away in a straight line before teleporting back somewhere completely different.
    This ^^
    Maybe better would be to turn off this protection, as when you're joining minis, sometimes people with bad latency are teleporting like hell and you're running after them and then they move back few meters.

Especially it's neat trick to do in Lost Temple, go for flag with latency, other players will see you if you would jumped downstairs they run there, but you're picking up flag without problems and laugh at all those noobs that went for you downstairs = WIN!

Sometimes I have a feeling some "pvpers" are doing something to get this latency on purpose :-)
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist